UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have missed a lot but with the FIFA investigation, is that not the Garre case where the rules are being looked at and how FIFA applied them as we used FIFA`s rules to buy him with their full acceptance

I thought Garre was over and done with, and this is more recent youth transfers. Might be wrong though!

I seem to have missed a lot but with the FIFA investigation, is that not the Garre case where the rules are being looked at and how FIFA applied them as we used FIFA`s rules to buy him with their full acceptance
We were cleared over Garre by CAS(?), certainly by Fifa (twice I think).

I posted this elsewhere regarding the Fifa investigation:-

I think this relates (in part at least) to The Right to Dream signings and in particular George Davies & Dominic Oduro which would make the alleged offences committed back in 2011 and 2012?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Davies_(footballer,_born_1996)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Oduro_(footballer,_born_1995)

Of course it might have nothing to do with them at all as I don't think FIFA have ever stated what the investigation is in relation to.

But there are question marks over around 9 overseas players and possible 3rd party issue (I think the last bit is bollocks at least)

We were cleared over Garre by CAS(?), certainly by Fifa (twice I think).

I posted this elsewhere regarding the Fifa investigation:-

But there are question marks over around 9 overseas players and possible 3rd party issue (I think the last bit is bollocks at least)

A foreign youth player and family can not be incentivised to join a club - you can not pay money out for an overseas youth player (directly or indirectly). But... you can pay scouts / agents overseas for doing legit work. And if a youth players parents just so happen to emigrate and get a job and live within 100km of a club the transfer can go through. If a scout or agent received some cash how can FIFA link the two.

So any payments to agents / scouts overseas and then any link between those payments and a youth player and their family emigrating and ending up at City is where this is at. We all know this third party linking / influence is rampant in the game, all clubs are at it to an extent as the academies are full of foreign kids. It is a question of how well the tracks are covered and how far FIFA will go in investigations and in court.

Its all behind closed doors so we wont know until we know.

The issue with City and FIFA transfers is that players moved from the 'Right to dream' academy in Ghana to the Danish club FC Nordsjaelland and had a right to buy clause inserted to the benefit of City. The issue is whether this is a form of third party ownership.

Last edited:
The issue with City and FIFA transfers is that players moved from the 'Right to dream' academy in Ghana to the Danish club FC Nordsjaelland and had a right to buy clause inserted to the benefit of City. The issue is whether this is a form of third party ownership.

Tbh, if that's it & it's not already in the rules, then that should not constitute a ban at all, even if it is judged as 3rd party.

It should be a warning that if we do so again, it will be judged as 3rd party ownership & incur punishment, as clearly we don't 'own' said players unless we buy them.

And then it must apply to all clubs & all players with a 'buyback' clause.

New list of cases at CAS announced until Oct 3rd. City still not on the list.
Looks like CAS might be waiting for UEFA to announce their decision, then they can wrap up this appeal in City's combined appeal ( process and sentence).
UEFA are probably waiting for CAS as they realise they haven't done due process and a CAS decision against them could be used as an excuse to drop the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.