Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

It’s not really like that is it. £60mill-£70mill is big deal and drama for any club, especially with FFP. City don’t throw money about like confetti anymore. The money bit aside. He was scouted, watched, reviewed, discussed by professional staff at City. They got it badly wrong. I’m no scout, but he never once looked like a World class centre half to me. He was more like a squad player. And he didn’t even reach those levels if we are being brutally honest about him.

It happens, Look at Shevchenco, One of the best ever, went to Chelsea at flopped, Boateng looked crap at City then became one of the best in Europe. Its such a fine line at this level between good and bad. Sometimes a change in surroundings, a few poor games and a players confidence is shot.

If it happened time and time again then it would concern me, however, When you look at Ederson, Zinchenco, Sergio, both Silva's, Yaya, KBD, Sterling, Laporte etc its very very obvious that the recruitment policy at the club is outstanding, yes there will be the odd mistake thrown in but that's life unfortunately.

That moment when Palace had the offer on table for 25m for him and he just didnt want to go there and then days later they moved on and they opted for the Liverpool flop Sakho and paid 25m for him. I bet Mangala would accept a move to Palace now but have a feeling his next club will be much lower status than Palace.

Strange thing there are not even rumours about Mangala. There was one in early June about Porto but that didnt escalate at all and nothing since then. Its like his agent changed his number and Mangala cannot reach him to find him a new club lol.

If nothing happens trough end of August could we just move him to New York City, or Girona etc? Or would he be more comfortable staying and training here without being registered for PL, CL squads? Surely not.

Joking aside, it’s absolutely criminal how much money City have wasted, thrown away, call it how you want, on Mangala

I can’t believe how a club like City, with the transfer setup and scouting network they have, could get it so wrong. I hope this was looked into by the club, so it never happens again.

We will never find out the true cost overall of Mangala, but it has to be in the region of £60mill-£70mill, including the transfer fee and wages.

Let that figure sink in, and just imagine a player/defender City could have bought for that kind of money. VVD comes mind straightaway.

A sorry transfer episode, if there ever was one at City.
No club is immune to making mistakes,we make very few tbf

That moment when Palace had the offer on table for 25m for him and he just didnt want to go there and then days later they moved on and they opted for the Liverpool flop Sakho and paid 25m for him. I bet Mangala would accept a move to Palace now but have a feeling his next club will be much lower status than Palace.

Strange thing there are not even rumours about Mangala. There was one in early June about Porto but that didnt escalate at all and nothing since then. Its like his agent changed his number and Mangala cannot reach him to find him a new club lol.

If nothing happens trough end of August could we just move him to New York City, or Girona etc? Or would he be more comfortable staying and training here without being registered for PL, CL squads? Surely not.
Many players back themselves to stay and get into the team,delph and zinchy to name but 2,it doesn't always work out but you can't see into the future,i find the hostilty towards him is over the top,mp had a say in him and fernando so perhaps start there

Again, not really true though is it?

Sakho was on loan at Palace half a season before that, they wanted to sign him permanantly, but liverpool wanted 30m. so palace offered 25m for mangala which we accepted. Liverpool dropped their asking price to 25m and palace went for their first choice.

But lets not let the truth (or at least what was reported) get in the way of a good witch hunt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.