Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz7

Pep Guardiola on Rodrigo: "He is a young, typical defensive midfielder who thinks very quickly. I hope he is here for a long time. Rodrigo is tall, which for a short side like ours is very good. He is great at set-pieces but we didn't buy him for that."

"Ever since we arrived here we have tried to buy players who are 21, 22 or 23 years old. [Rodri] is a Spain national team player and there they call him 'the next Busquets'. I think he is a very good player." [via @goal] #MCFC

I liked what I saw today - very available for playing from the ball, and liked the pace with which he moved the ball forward. Often just one, two touches before moving the ball up the field vertically - noticeably quicker at moving the ball than Dinho, I thought. Even if it was just a glimpse in a pre season friendly.

Thought he was caught out positionally a few times today, which is obviously understandable, but clearly has the tools to be very, very good for us. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a Bernardo-like introduction to the squad (pending Fernandinho's availability of course).

Looked better than Fernando did when we saw him in his first preseason game as a blue.

Was impressed by him. Might take some time to play the way Pep wants but in general was excellent. Very quick over the ground too and physically quite strong due to his size. Still think there is room to improve there, particularly in our league.

His passing was very good, nearly thread a brilliant through ball to play someone in on goal. And his pressing high up the pitch led to our third goal.

Good first glimpse of him.

Let’s face it filling Fernandinho shoes is an extremely difficult task. I’m sure in time he will shine and become a very good player for us. A little bit surprised at his lack of pace as it’s the first I’ve seen of him. A couple of times he was unable to get back quick enough. Time will tell I suppose.

I was neither impressed or unimpressed. Its his first pre season game for us and 1) he will have just started his journey to understand what Pep wants 2) he isn't fit so its very hard to judge things like pace 3) he doesn't know his teammates.
I look forward to seeing his first dozen PL starts to help me form an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.