50 years since man landed on the Moon

so your saying that the loch ness monster is fake, next you'll be saying father Christmas and god are fake as well,as for the little green men ,have you never seen the alien autopsy ?
Father Christmases are Sami and Siberian shaman

but was it really just for good tv figures landing on the moon ??? yes the money part makes sense why it did not carry on. they still had loads of space launches to space and the space shuttle was in production and testing, but they put so much into getting man on the moon for it to stop within 5 years, and i don't really understand or think they had all the information about the moon in 3 or 4 trips and lots more stuff should have taken place like man/woman living on the moon for a space of time on a space station

For NASA the moon landings were the ultimate challenge with the equipment they had at the time and I'm sure they would have wanted to do more trips like you said. For the politicians, this was the time of the Cold War and a great statement to the Soviet Union of the USA's superiority. For the public it was a statement of immense national pride and one they were happy to fund.

I wasn't saying the moon landings were for tv figures, I think it was for a combination of NASA and the politicians wants / needs. The reason I mentioned the tv figures was because this was taken as a huge indicator of how quickly the US public became bored of the projects and showed their objection to funding the landings with their taxes. In turn, I think the politicians cut back on the NASA budgets to keep in the publics 'good books' and so the landings had to stop. I'm with you on the feeling that there was still so much to learn from further trips, nut without the funding what can you do?

Sure I watched an interview with Seth MacFarlane who said Stewie was based on Rex Harrison.
Conspiracy.

i don't understand why everybody stopped going to the moon in the 1970s ??? and only did little to none testing ???

the moon holds a lot of power for earth, and even some think people are still control by moon with mood swings and your body health because of the moon ???

It's incredibly expensive and governments / private companies doubled down on fucking up our own planet before focusing elsewhere. Is it really that hard to grasp the concept of why we have stopped going?

i don't understand why everybody stopped going to the moon in the 1970s ??? and only did little to none testing ???

the moon holds a lot of power for earth, and even some think people are still control by moon with mood swings and your body health because of the moon ???

At the time, the Moon had no resources that made it worth the trip. Only science to collect from rocks but we'd already done that. It was incredibly expensive and time consuming in the space program to go to a moon which had nothing to offer us. Why would you spend millions of dollars to go to a desert? Beyond putting a man on it and collecting some material, it became pretty useless to us.

We're talking about going back now because we have the technology to mine it and create structures from the material, and eventually build a space port to make it easier and cheaper to launch rockets on further missions.

Edit: not to mention, the level of investment from governments and private companies nowadays in comparison to back then. Elon Musk was just a whipper snapper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.