Gardening

My garden is immaculate, with shrubs, trees, perenials and a show of roses to die for. Passers by often comment on how good the front is.
Thank god for the green fingers of ..................Mrs KS.
I did sweep the path once.

As Remains of said, you will never get rid of it. The root system can go down 7 foot, even if you could dig that far down, if you miss one bit you have had it, plus again as he says, if your neighbour has it, you will get it. One of my allotments has it really bad, no one has ever got rid of it.

Sounds like BM is part of the landed gentry! If yer have a shed or a greenhouse on an allotment dya pay community charge on 'em?

Don't eat all the strawberries at once.

I have one miniature apple tree in the garden. Half of the harvest, no bigger than dobbers, are lying under the tree - nature's method I suppose - and the rest of approxiamtely a kilogramme or so will make ONE pie come the autumn or two glasses of apple juice. But one tree can be an orchard, can't it?

Sounds like BM is part of the landed gentry! If yer have a shed or a greenhouse on an allotment dya pay community charge on 'em?

Ha ha, I have 2 allotments, both have a shed and yes I pay rent on the land but it is very reasonable. I keep waiting for the council to kick us off and sell the land for houses. It is great growing your own food and it has even got me to eat salads !!

Ha ha, I have 2 allotments, both have a shed and yes I pay rent on the land but it is very reasonable. I keep waiting for the council to kick us off and sell the land for houses. It is great growing your own food and it has even got me to eat salads !!

I've always wanted to know just how many lettuces do put in the ground at one time and how many are picked and eaten, and how many go in food waste!

I've always wanted to know just how many lettuces do put in the ground at one time and how many are picked and eaten, and how many go in food waste!

The serious answer, fuck me a serious answer in Off Top ! is seeds cost £2 a packet, you get hundreds, you sow a handful at a time and quite a few come up. As you thin them out you can take them and eat them, they are so much better than shop bought shit. I have 4 different varieties on the go and take them when I need them. Yes there is waste because some grow so well I (we) can't eat it whilst it is fresh. The left over leaves are simply put in the compost bin. Put some radish in, (the easiest thing to grow in the world) beetroot, dead easy, onions, tomatoes and some potato's and you have the basics.

The serious answer, fuck me a serious answer in Off Top ! is seeds cost £2 a packet, you get hundreds, you sow a handful at a time and quite a few come up. As you thin them out you can take them and eat them, they are so much better than shop bought shit. I have 4 different varieties on the go and take them when I need them. Yes there is waste because some grow so well I (we) can't eat it whilst it is fresh. The left over leaves are simply put in the compost bin. Put some radish in, (the easiest thing to grow in the world) beetroot, dead easy, onions, tomatoes and some potato's and you have the basics.

Definitely tastes better! Nothing better than soup made from home grown stuff! I get a pile of tomatoes from my bro-i-l's greenhouse (he doesn't eat tomatoes!). I roast 'em, blend 'em and then freeze 'em. Twice as good as the best known leading brand!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.