Kylian Mbappé

Yes, expected a belittling reply!
Our transfer policy, identify a player, tap him up, pay the release clause or make an offer what we think the said player is worth, deal or no deal
This is different with mbappe are you so naive not to see that

Exactly.

Let me spell it out for you.

Let’s say we like the look of Mbappe. We think fuck me he’s mustard we think he’s worth £150m. PSG say thanks for your interest City but we think he’s worth £300m.

That would be end of chat. He’s valued higher than we think he’s worth or are willing to pay.

He wouldn’t fit with the policy.

How do you not get this?

Reactions: nmc
Ifs again mate.

Never have I mentioned ‘arbitrary figures’. You are plucking that from thin air.

How likely is it that PSG would offer us the best young player in the world for 101m?

He’d be more like 301m. He’s Kylian Mbappe.

City would go nowhere near that.

You aren’t annoying me in the slightest but you are making yourself look very silly.
It sounds like you actually just agree with me. We assign a value to a player and don't pay way above that, but there is no hard ceiling (within reason). I'm not sure what it is about my posts that gets people so worked up.

Exactly.

Let’s say we like the look of Mbappe. We think fuck me he’s mustard we think he’s worth £150m. PSG say thanks for your interest City but we think he’s worth £300m.

That would be end of chat. He’s valued higher than we think he’s worth or are willing to pay.

How do you not get this?
If a player won't sign a contract extension and only wants a move to a certain club the price can drop drastically, have you never heard of a player forcing a move,
Aguero is leaving in 2 years needs replacing on and off the pitch he's our biggest marketing asset the club get a decent income from him
Try thinking before trying to spell it out and then you might get it

Exactly.

How do you not get this?

Mbappe is seriously the closest thing to the next Messi in world football. If in a year or so he told the powers that be he wanted to come, the deal would be done imo.

Mbappe is seriously the closest thing to the next Messi in world football. If in a year or so he told the powers that be he wanted to come, the deal would be done imo.

Thought Patrick Roberts was the next messi? ;)

Could you imagine the backlash if we got Mbappe? People already discredit Pep cause he won the UCL with messi. What a player he is tho

Yeah, just to annoy you. Ironically your post of hard hitting "facts" really contains only one fact, that we haven't done it yet, and the rest are your garbage inferences.

If PSG called up Tkiki tomorrow and offered Mbappe for £101m we would accept it before they even hung up the phone. We have valuations of players and stick to them, but the idea what we won't go above some arbitrary number just because is stupid.
I don't think you grasp the idea of a budget,spending restrictions,we would have to sell one of our best players to get him in,we haven't built the squad so carefully that we never sell our best players in 10yrs to blow it on one player not to mention his wage demands and our wage structure

If a player won't sign a contract extension and only wants a move to a certain club the price can drop drastically, have you never heard of a player forcing a move,
Aguero is leaving in 2 years needs replacing on and off the pitch he's our biggest marketing asset the club get a decent income from him
Try thinking before trying to spell it out and then you might get it

Your concept relies on the player in question only wanting to come to City.

If Mbappe for example wanted out, he would be looking at all of the very biggest clubs, not just us.

That is a completely different concept to City having a pricing policy.

I can’t engage you any further. It’s a very simple idea. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.

I don't think you grasp the idea of a budget,spending restrictions,we would have to sell one of our best players to get him in,we haven't built the squad so carefully that we never sell our best players in 10yrs to blow it on one player not to mention his wage demands and our wage structure
Sorry so to be clear, you don't think we would spend 100m on Mbappe if he were available for that much?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.