Ian Carlo Poveda

Seems to be training with the first team on a regular basis, has been on the trophy presentations and was also in the squad picture that was released today. Sounds like Pep rates him a bit. A loan to Anderlecht with Vinny or Girona in the Spanish second division would probably do him good.

He's the same age as Jadon Sancho (about 19 and a half), he needs to move on this season and either go on loan or be sold with a buy back. The only other option is if Pep keeps him as the last rotation option like he did with Foden last season and bring him into the squad.

If he plays for the U21s this upcoming season, that would be a big waste of time.

I thought he was a problem yesterday, left Angelino completely exposed.

I think once he missed the easy chance it sat in his head.

For me he was by far the poorest on show of the kids.

Will need to really show something better in pre-season to be considered.

I like him a lot, but he's not as good as Brahim, and Brahim struggled to get games. Think he needs some professional football as he's got a ridiculously huge task to get into this team which I don't think he's capable of personally. Not that there's any shame in that...

He left Angelino isolated far more than he should have, he needs better work rate to make it anywhere.

That being said, doesn't he mostly play RW for the academy? Confused why Pep basically plays him LW BOTH times he's had the chance to show his stuff.

Obviously his miss showed a lack of composure which was the biggest indicator to me that he won't make it here. Can't be scared when you NEED to show what you can do.

He left Angelino isolated far more than he should have, he needs better work rate to make it anywhere.

That being said, doesn't he mostly play RW for the academy? Confused why Pep basically plays him LW BOTH times he's had the chance to show his stuff.

Obviously his miss showed a lack of composure which was the biggest indicator to me that he won't make it here. Can't be scared when you NEED to show what you can do.
I thought it was weird playing him on the left too, Bernabe usually plays on the left and Poveda on the right

I think that's looking likely, unless Preston North End want him and the club wants to keep that relationship strong.

Can't imagine a worse league the championship for him tbh mate! He'd go missing in that league at the moment.

Can't imagine a worse league the championship for him tbh mate! He'd go missing in that league at the moment.
Maybe he needs that and he needs to build up the fortitude to break through that.

Sometimes having things too easy doesn't accelerate their growth.

If he gets lost, it would be good for him to know that and to mature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.