Gardening

Definitely tastes better! Nothing better than soup made from home grown stuff! I get a pile of tomatoes from my bro-i-l's greenhouse (he doesn't eat tomatoes!). I roast 'em, blend 'em and then freeze 'em. Twice as good as the best known leading brand!

I know a few like your bro-in-law, they grow stuff even though they don't eat it, they do it for the fun. The beetroot I have is eaten fresh and I make up loads of beetroot relish, put it into jars and it is there all winter for hot meals on cold wet days.

I know a few like your bro-in-law, they grow stuff even though they don't eat it, they do it for the fun. The beetroot I have is eaten fresh and I make up loads of beetroot relish, put it into jars and it is there all winter for hot meals on cold wet days.

You only grow your own because you are too tight to buy any :)

I am working hard on mine this summer. Half an hour every day.

Any knowledgeable gents or ladies that know how to rid my garden of nut sedge/nut grass?

I live in a terraced house and share my front garden with my neighbour. We had new sod laid over a year ago. Within a few months I had nut sedge taking over the grass. Last fall sprayed it with a chemical that killed the nut sedge but not the grass. Then spent hours taking the dead invasive species out down to the soil. Planted new grass seed and everything was great until a few months ago. The nut sedge is back and taking over again.

Any ideas how to permanently rid my garden of this ugly, ugly invasive species?

Any knowledgeable gents or ladies that know how to rid my garden of nut sedge/nut grass?

I live in a terraced house and share my front garden with my neighbour. We had new sod laid over a year ago. Within a few months I had nut sedge taking over the grass. Last fall sprayed it with a chemical that killed the nut sedge but not the grass. Then spent hours taking the dead invasive species out down to the soil. Planted new grass seed and everything was great until a few months ago. The nut sedge is back and taking over again.

Any ideas how to permanently rid my garden of this ugly, ugly invasive species?
Pour concrete

I am working hard on mine this summer. Half an hour every day.
I’ve adopted the same approach, it’s far easier than waiting until it looks like shit and then spending a full day every few weeks. It also gets me away from the telly and into some fresh air and sunshine

Can anyone advise if it too late to plant grass seed?

Can anyone advise if it too late to plant grass seed?

As a general rule, warm-season grasses planted at least 90 days before the first fall frost have time to establish well before winter. These summer-loving grasses go dormant once temperatures drop near 55 degrees, so late-planted seedlings can't prepare for what's ahead.

As a general rule, warm-season grasses planted at least 90 days before the first fall frost have time to establish well before winter. These summer-loving grasses go dormant once temperatures drop near 55 degrees, so late-planted seedlings can't prepare for what's ahead.

It that a yes or a no?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.