Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half Pint

Very poor in both Asia Trophy games. Poor distribution, poor positionally, rash decisions causing him to commit himself leaving us wide open and misjudged quite a few diagonal balls. Left-back still a problem for the coming season. Thank goodness Zinchenko chose not to go to Wolves at the start of last season.

Not sure why we keep patching up this position. We apparently called off the Chilwell transfer because the money was going elsewhere. Well we don't exactly seem in any rush to buy anyone so where the cash is going?

And didn't Zinchenko look terrible when he first played LB for our side? This is literally just pre-season, some perspective please.
Zinchenko wasn’t a left back, so he had to learn the position- Angelino IS a left back. He was very poor and will be targeted by the opposition in England if he plays like that; and his distribution, even when not under pressure, was poor. It’s not about fitness and I do hope he improves, but it is a worry going into the new season.

Very poor in both Asia Trophy games. Poor distribution, poor positionally, rash decisions causing him to commit himself leaving us wide open and misjudged quite a few diagonal balls. Left-back still a problem for the coming season. Thank goodness Zinchenko chose not to go to Wolves at the start of last season.
RDk8JHJ.gif

Change your username to Half Empty Pint.

Zinchenko wasn’t a left back, so he had to learn the position- Angelino IS a left back. He was very poor and will be targeted by the opposition in England if he plays like that; and his distribution, even when not under pressure, was poor. It’s not about fitness and I do hope he improves, but it is a worry going into the new season.

The difference is Pep doesn't ask fullbacks to play as traditional fullbacks so you could argue both have to adapt to new demands. I just see it as teething problems, he's a 22 year old that has just come back and it is only pre season. We got 100 points with Fabian Delph as our main LB so I'm not too worried currently.

Yes, after two friendlies, it's judgement time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.