Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never trust a man who drinks halves....

Angelino is a good player,he's obviously wanting to impress and subsequently his nerves may be affecting him.Let's wait till he's fully fit and he rediscovers his feet in the dressing room as well as on the field - History should tell anyone that writing a player off prematurely is a fools trick.
image.jpg

Amen.

And didn't Zinchenko look terrible when he first played LB for our side? This is literally just pre-season, some perspective please.

Not really. He had a good game against Wolves in the Cup IIRC. He was caught out a few times in other games though by coming infield too much to offer protection to the centre halve and giving too much space for opposition wingers.

Not really. He had a good game against Wolves in the Cup IIRC. He was caught out a few times in other games though by coming infield too much to offer protection to the centre halve and giving too much space for opposition wingers.
Also, Zinchenko has set up City's new running distance record (15km+) in that game IIRC...

Nothing quite like bluemoon sometimes. Angelino is officially a dud based off preseason.

Expected this thread, then expected you to turn up to fight off any criticism.
Think we need balanced opinions not full on negative or full on fanboy.

I'll only add, having watched Ange at City previously his weakness was decision making when defending, 2 friendly games and my opinion hasn't changed.
However his 2 performances could be down to change of system or just nerves.

Expected this thread, then expected you to turn up to fight off any criticism.
Think we need balanced opinions not full on negative or full on fanboy.

I'll only add, having watched Ange at City previously his weakness was decision making when defending, 2 friendly games and my opinion hasn't changed.
However his 2 performances could be down to change of system or just nerves.

I have no problem with criticism. The start of this thread wasn't criticism, it was knee-jerk stupidity.

@twosips Overly negative after 2 halves of football, yes but factually correct. Which part do you disagree with out of interest?

@twosips Overly negative after 2 halves of football, yes but factually correct. Which part do you disagree with out of interest?

I disagree with the conclusion that left-back is now a problem for the season. That 100% implies he's being written off. He has been poor so far. I'm not an idiot - I will admit that. To write anyone off now though is so harsh that its unbelievable.

I disagree with the conclusion that left-back is now a problem for the season. That 100% implies he's being written off. He has been poor so far. I'm not an idiot - I will admit that. To write anyone off now though is so harsh that its unbelievable.

Based on what we've seen so far I'd assess that LB is still our weakest position but you're right every player should be afforded a run of games before writing them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.