The most challenging thing you’ve done?

to the OP, you can tell by the answers here that what you have done is unusual, and I have to ask, why would you put yourself through that?

I was inspired by the story of Don Allum, transatlantic rower, went from the canaries to 'merica, which is very impressive in itself, then the fucker turned round and came back. Full of admiration for the achievement, but don't understand why he felt the need. Ultimately it resulted in his early death

to the OP, you can tell by the answers here that what you have done is unusual, and I have to ask, why would you put yourself through that?

I was inspired by the story of Don Allum, transatlantic rower, went from the canaries to 'merica, which is very impressive in itself, then the fucker turned round and came back. Full of admiration for the achievement, but don't understand why he felt the need. Ultimately it resulted in his early death
I think the clue is in the title, challenge yourself.

Still in the process, but raising my daughter who has severe autism coupled with a learning disability.
I genuinely don't know how I survived the weekend a couple of years ago when she had chicken pox, shudder now thinking about it. She has a lot of sensory issues and that itching must have been torture for her.
Now that is a challenge and an achievement - good luck to you and yours pal - full respect to your challenge

When I lived in Devon I used to cycle to work and back, Kingskerswell to Torbay Hospital, a journey of about 5 miles round trip. There was a fundraiser going on to raise money for toys and games for the Childrens Ward. I organised a sponsored circular cycle ride between all the Hospitals in South Devon, a total of 95 miles, and Devon is full of Hills ! I was the only one that finished, took me 14 hours then cycled home. Still feel stiff 35 years later.
I'm a Torbay lad these days, working right by the hospital now too

Exactly
I used to do quite a challenging job now I teach in a classroom or simulator and whilst it’s satisfying it’s not challenging. I’ve been planning to cruise around the world when I retire so this is really training for that and confirmation that I’ve still got a bit of grit and determination. It was much harder than I had expected due to the bad luck I had with the weather but I now know what to expect in if not the worst conditions then something approaching them and also am reminded how to control my emotional state in extreme stress. Not had to do that since my military days and we all change over time.

mmm I find it challenging enough wading through the everyday shit life throws up without going out of my way to find more ways to grind myself down mentally and physically. Each to their own I guess

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.