Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Who is out there in the county game worthy of inclusion then? What do the ECB do? It is dying worldwide is my point. I love test cricket more than any other format but we live in a world that loves fast paced sport and money making. Elsewhere there seems to be a struggle to get test worthy players. A lot of recent test matches have been done in 3-4 days due to so much shorter format cricket. Most of England's issues have been players being incapable of leaving good balls and playing decent defensive strokes because they aren't practicing them in shorter formats.

Cook was still the best opening batsman. His average dropped but we have failed to get anyone else to come in and nail that position and again, few in county cricket are excelling. Roy will no doubt be the next call due to Vince still being such a wonderfully frustrating cricketer. Bowling is fine at the moment and talent emerging. Decent spinners around but untested at higher level. You can query decision making when they get thrown in on flat pitches in oz with a series lost.

Away from home the squad should be more varied. Same old struggles seem to repeat. Not having a go at you but what are the solutions? I am puzzled as to why your stance on a world cup win is to immediately feel disappointed about the test team?

the thing is you don't know till you try, and giving somebody the chance is key and not just a couple of test on tour to prove yourself, you need time to find your feet and get to know how to play the better bowlers, i would look at youth and pick 4 or 5 and then give them 2 years in and around the test team and sometimes people play better under pressure, india do it a lot with there youth they get them in early and let them get the feel of test cricket

england and the ECB don't like change and once somebody does well in test cricket its their places for good and pick up a central contract and that's it, nobody else gets the chance and that is why players like cook are over used because of the central contract

the thing is you don't know till you try, and giving somebody the chance is key and not just a couple of test on tour to prove yourself, you need time to find your feet and get to know how to play the better bowlers, i would look at youth and pick 4 or 5 and then give them 2 years in and around the test team and sometimes people play better under pressure, india do it a lot with there youth they get them in early and let them get the feel of test cricket

england and the ECB don't like change and once somebody does well in test cricket its their places for good and pick up a central contract and that's it, nobody else gets the chance and that is why players like cook are over used because of the central contract

I've favoured a similar idea for batsmen for a while now - if you're picking someone to try out as opener or no. 3, tell them, and tell everyone that they're in for the series, not just match by match. Then they know that an error isn't the end of the world, and the media can be told to shut up when they get on the player's case.

I've favoured a similar idea for batsmen for a while now - if you're picking someone to try out as opener or no. 3, tell them, and tell everyone that they're in for the series, not just match by match. Then they know that an error isn't the end of the world, and the media can be told to shut up when they get on the player's case.

your spot on

give a player a chance to find his feet ? and no 2 pitches are the same and it could be a sunny day or cloudy and swing around corners, i would like to see a new player or 2 given the chance and even if it meant losing a couple of test before the main ashes series, but its to late now and we will go with the ODI opening pair with roy and bairstow

It was said that we had the better team before a ball had been bowled.

The game was tied. The super over was tied. We won on boundaries hit.

If we had a better team than them going in to the match, yet tied, then it stands to reason that New Zealand were the better performing team on the day, which is what Warne is eluding to.

If it hadn't been a fluke catch by Boult when he was distracted to look the wrong way by his sunglasses falling and a freak deflection off the bat of Stokes diving in to make his ground and getting a bonus 4 runs (subsequently incorrectly adding 4 instead of 3 runs to the total), then I guess They were the better team as they would have won without the major factor that they didn't have on their side; luck.
That's what I took from Warne as well......

Blimey the old Test cricket seems rather mundane after that crazy World Cup final. England are playing Australia in the only Test match of the Women’s Ashes. The series is done on a points system from a whole series of matches including ODIs, T20Is and the sole test match. England have to win the Test match and the T20Is to regain the Ashes as they got beaten in all of the ODIs.

Karma.

Would have been even better if the winning "goal" had bounced in off Neville's noggin
Still not over it yet then? Nice to see Stokes getting a nomination for "New Zealander of the year", though. And nice words from the chief judge of this awars, a man called Cameron Bennet; "Stokes might not have been playing for the Black Caps but, having been born in Christchurch where his parents now live with Maori ancestry, there's clearly a few kiwis about who think we can still claim him." Mr Bennett said the way the New Zealander conducted himself in the face of devastating disappointment in the final and throughout the World Cup resonated with his countrymen. He said: "He's been the embodiment of the qualities we cherish as New Zealanders - courage, fairness, humility."

Still not over it yet then? Nice to see Stokes getting a nomination for "New Zealander of the year", though. And nice words from the chief judge of this awars, a man called Cameron Bennet; "Stokes might not have been playing for the Black Caps but, having been born in Christchurch where his parents now live with Maori ancestry, there's clearly a few kiwis about who think we can still claim him." Mr Bennett said the way the New Zealander conducted himself in the face of devastating disappointment in the final and throughout the World Cup resonated with his countrymen. He said: "He's been the embodiment of the qualities we cherish as New Zealanders - courage, fairness, humility."
And beating up Bristolians.

Thankfully his Father came over to coach Workington Town RLFC, otherwise he’d be a NZ cricketer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.