A Boss Who's a Bully

Life is too short to be unhappy in the workplace. Make every effort to look for another job and put it down to a terrible experience which will not be repeated.

On the assumption that she reports to someone else the first thing i would suggest would be to confront her about he attitude, but be sure to do so in a calm manner.
As already suggested i would keep a record of any further incidents and be sure to tell her every time that you believe she is out of line.
Remember employment law by and large is about a company proving that whatever action it undertakes is in line with it's documented policies, there should be a grievance and a dignity at work policy. If she is violating these rules and you can prove it e.g witnesses then the company will have to act.

You could consider going on the sick citing stress at work, the company then have a duty of care to understand and investigate the reasons behind this.

If there are other people in the office who feel the same then get them together and put in a formal complaint about her.

Do you and your colleagues have regular 121’s? If so is the general report that you are doing a good job? If so I would go to her superiors and report your feelings, no company wants to lose good employees

If there are other people in the office who feel the same then get them together and put in a formal complaint about her.

She would be like Stuttering Stanley trying to excuse her bad man management skills to the hierarchy. Take her control away by means of a cohesive action and you all win, allow her to continue with her piss poor hatitude and she wins.

The time for honouring herself will soon be at and end !

Do you and your colleagues have regular 121’s? If so is the general report that you are doing a good job? If so I would go to her superiors and report your feelings, no company wants to lose good employees

I’d imagine her own line manager won’t get involved as they’ve got their own responsibilities. They’ll side with the manager each and every time.

This really can vary from position to position and is dependant on the culture of the company too. To the employer, you’re as replaceable as a photocopier. It doesn’t matter what you contribute either because they’ll soldier on without you if they want you out. They’ll find a way.

On your side, an influential colleague leaving can instigate others moving on too. Let your manager deal with the stress of nothing getting done as there’s empty desks. It won’t be your problem.

Escalate through HR if you need to but you may be better off updating your CV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.