City accused of being “disrespectful” by Chinese media

The utter disrespect on show as is the disgust from our Chinese hosts........

Mullock should be strapped to a fucking chair and made to watch it on a loop for 24 hours.

Abit strange this. I skimmed though Weibo which is chinese version of Twitter, and none of the fans as far as I can tell has complained. Plenty have voiced support of the players and pep treatment of chinese fans. They are critical of the article written by a Jonathan Dixon, not sure who that is.

I think overall the fans are quite happy but the media segregation probably rub the local media the wrong way.

Just to add, i went through more Weibo posts and there is zero negativity toward the club from chinese city fans. There are plenty of pics and some vid of players posing with fans and signing shirts etc. This seem to strictly local media grievance.
chinese sports media is a mixed bag like most other countries I reckon... Range from quite good reporting to total tabloid rubbish. Ordinarily people would just dismiss this, but when the official state media outlet gets involved, it's a different kettle of fish I suppose. Not really sure wats going on.

Last edited:
Abit strange this. I skimmed though Weibo which is chinese version of Twitter, and none of the fans as far as I can tell has complained. Plenty have voiced support of the players and pep treatment of chinese fans. They are critical of the article written by a Jonathan Dixon, not sure who that is.

I think overall the fans are quite happy but the media segregation probably rub the local media the wrong way.

giphy.gif

Easy to see through this;

1) written by a rival newspaper to the one that owns a stake in City

2) pushes the support Wolves not City angle, Wolves owned by Chinese owners

3) picked up by British media because who doesnt love a City bashing article?

4) whilst I dont own a tin foil hat the flight delay was all abit fishy, regardless of which if you arrive 48 hours late the first thing you’d scrap to ensure you got the most important bits in is meeting the locals

All in all a shit show, not nearly as shit as our penalty taking prowess however

The mirror quotes a press report put out by a rival newspaper to the one owned by City part owners.
I know nothing about chinese media and I have not read the original article. However, we should remember that there are always wheels within wheels in China. Every major business has political minders and the media are subject to vice like control. This is just propaganda, the price we pay for Chinese involvement..
We can't sack off these tours, so much of our sponsorship money is dependent on doing them and the world wide nature of CFG. Would Puma give us £60m if we played pre season against Bury and Oldham? Those days are gone. Yes, we are a football club but we are also a money making machine. Sheik Mansour put a lot of cash our way and his return is not income but capital gain. Maybe he, and others in AD are after influence as well, but that hasn't gone too well, given all the negatives here, in New York and elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.