Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also played there on 2 other occasions in big games, including the 5-0 win over Europool. But that was in a back 3. So yeah, he also is definitely not cut out for it aside filling in temporarily.
That's the fly in the ointment, Peps plan was to play 3 at the back with Walker/Mendy wide, that's not happened with the Mendy list of injuries, if Pep is still of that mind to go with wingbacks we'll need more CH cover.

That's the fly in the ointment, Peps plan was to play 3 at the back with Walker/Mendy wide, that's not happened with the Mendy list of injuries, if Pep is still of that mind to go with wingbacks we'll need more CH cover.

It can happen now that Angeliño is here. And if we buy Cancelo. If not, still possible. We played the back 3 with Ferna against Arsenal quite brilliantly, they could not get a clue of what was happening.

Agree with what you said, but this formation depends heavily on Mendy being fit, we do have Angeliño now so maybe, still a possibility.

Angelino is supposed to be good going forward so maybe it is a possibility.....he has looked very poor to say the least int he two openers and easily the worst player on the pitch with the young lads outshining him as well. Lets hope Pep can work his magic..No reason why he cannt

We have needed depth in CB options previously, as we were aware that Kompany

would be lucky to play half a season based on previous experience. It was fortunate

in the run in that he was available for majority of those games, as his experience and

quality were needed. Posters have seemed to concentrate on whether Stones is "up

to it" or whether his personal and or England woes would impact him and or whether

"Pep trusts him", I have no idea on those situations & likely many other posters dont.

My biggest concern is Laporte....Everyone seems to just take it for granted, based on

his fantastic performances bar maybe x1 game hes No1 on the CB teamsheet this year.

My concern is that if he was to get an injury and become unavailable similar to KDB last

year, then how strong is the CB pool without him and Kompany, this season in comparison

to last season? We dont really have a quality left defensive full back. We have Mendy and

Zinchenko and now Angelino. All x3 of those perform better further up the pitch which is

why we are so successful as we tend to be there LOL. However, against the better sides

its Laporte who has been playing one & a half positions when we are defending the ball.

Thankfully, this year we have brought in a quality addition/replacement for Fernandhino,

I think Laporte and Ederson positions are now the positions we would find it difficult in

substituting from the squad pool. Other midfield & or striker unavailable for a period can

be covered, more easily, including Sergio, by rotation and or change of position or setup.

would be lucky to play half a season based on previous experience. It was fortunate

in the run in that he was available for majority of those games, as his experience and

quality were needed. Posters have seemed to concentrate on whether Stones is "up

to it" or whether his personal and or England woes would impact him and or whether

"Pep trusts him", I have no idea on those situations & likely many other posters dont.

My biggest concern is Laporte....Everyone seems to just take it for granted, based on

his fantastic performances bar maybe x1 game hes No1 on the CB teamsheet this year.

My concern is that if he was to get an injury and become unavailable similar to KDB last

year, then how strong is the CB pool without him and Kompany, this season in comparison

to last season? We dont really have a quality left defensive full back. We have Mendy and

Zinchenko and now Angelino. All x3 of those perform better further up the pitch which is

why we are so successful as we tend to be there LOL. However, against the better sides

its Laporte who has been playing one & a half positions when we are defending the ball.

Thankfully, this year we have brought in a quality addition/replacement for Fernandhino,

I think Laporte and Ederson positions are now the positions we would find it difficult in

substituting from the squad pool. Other midfield & or striker unavailable for a period can

be covered, more easily, including Sergio, by rotation and or change of position or setup.

Lovely sonnet

Probably true. But in the current market it has always been obvious that Leicester would demand a fee of around £80m. There was no way they would sell for £60-65m. Not sure why we wasted our time if all the reports are true.

How do you know we wasted any time on the deal? We could have just been used to increase the price.

So we need centre back cover for Kompany and it looks from the outside that United are going to outbid City for Maguire.
But it is just 'cover'.
With Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Danilo etc. available I would like him to pursue a centre forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.