The Lake District ... stunning !!

Absolutely love the Lake District. Not been for a couple of years actually, need another trip. And I know this is sacrilege to proper Lake District aficionados but I even like a visit to Bowness!

Great Gable traverse is a fave.

Also Black Combe on the coast. On a clear day you can see ships sailing into Dublin Bay, and up to the Southern Uplands.

I drive up to Glasgow regularly for work, genuinely look forward to the drive up when the weather is on point, the view when you reach the Lakes and beyond is stunning
“on point”?!

Come on now

Used to be taken there a lot as a kid. Love it.

I read Jim Morrison visited the Lake District just before he died don't know if it's true.

The King of psychedelic oblivion in such rural splendour. Kind of makes sense.

Did Scafell Pike a few Sundays ago. Stunning views at the top. We started at 5 am in the morning thinking it would be very quite, but there were hundreds climbing at that time of day! Surprisingly coming down about 3 hours later the mountain was very quite with hardly anyone climbing up.

Going for long weekend on friday->monday, 1st trip in passed on mobilehome, staying near Coniston near pub.
Hoping the weather good, and the legs survive!

lakes are lovely for scenery , but its no Blackpool
I'm surprised and a little dissapointed that no one is extolling the virtues of the West Cumbria tourist towns of Whitehaven, Workington, and the jewel in the south lakeland crown that's Barrow in furness. Also the magnificent border city of Carlisle. All are steeped in history, and offer the discerning traveller a delightful selection of charity shops, fast food and of course alcohol. Although the heady days of solvent abuse are now sadly gone, there is a thriving artisan narcotics trade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.