The Lake District ... stunning !!

I'm surprised and a little dissapointed that no one is extolling the virtues of the West Cumbria tourist towns of Whitehaven, Workington, and the jewel in the south lakeland crown that's Barrow in furness. Also the magnificent border city of Carlisle. All are steeped in history, and offer the discerning traveller a delightful selection of charity shops, fast food and of course alcohol. Although the heady days of solvent abuse are now sadly gone, there is a thriving artisan narcotics trade.
We called in at Barrow and I think Chris Rea must have used the M25 in error as Barrow certainly is The Road To Hell.
What an absolute shit hole of a place and it has no redeeming features ... apart from any road that leads out of it.

We called in at Barrow and I think Chris Rea must have used the M25 in error as Barrow certainly is The Road To Hell.
What an absolute shit hole of a place and it has no redeeming features ... apart from any road that leads out of it.
The thing that sets Barrow apart is that even on a lovely day with ne'er a cloud in the sky it still looks like a fucking dump. Not a bad place if you fancy a fight with a spray tanned spotty orange steroid abuser after a few pints though.

The Hardknott Pass / Wrynose Pass camel humps together form one of the wonders of the world (especially on a bike)

I go about ten times a year for the weekend. Absolutely love it. Best place in the uk for me. Apart from gods own city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.