City accused of being “disrespectful” by Chinese media

"disrespectful"......says the people who eat dogs...
they probably do eat dogs, but here in Canada we hear that that practice is primarily Korean. but they'll chow down on almost any grub they can manage, including grubs.
a couple i know went to Xian china to teach English for two years. he said there are basically no manners at all, and it's one big free for all. he said that he was on a bus and stood to give his seat to an elderly woman and a teenage bloke standing beside her just took it. he was doing tie-chi with a group in a park and someone rifled through their stuff that was right close somehow and stole his watch. i guess that's all they know when they don't have much.
so yes, them saying we were "disrespectful" is like the Wok calling the kettle black...
i know, boo hiss
edit: he was able to stay for the entire 2 yr. contract but she got ill and had to leave early. well they didn't believe her and detained her in a room at the airport for like 27 hrs while they checked her story was legit.

Last edited:
"disrespectful"......says the people who eat dogs...
Personally, I didn't like my short time in China, as I found the people, in general, to be quite rude. Where I stay in Thailand now, there is a large number of Chinese tourists, and the locals here find them to be rude too. But what meat the choose to farm is nothing to do with disrespect. In fact, its quite disrespectful to say you can't eat dog but it's ok for us to eat dear, lambs etc.
Not is spitting in their own streets ffs. If they spat in the street here or back in England, I'd find that disrespectful, but if it's accepted, in their culture, to spit in their street how is that showing disrespect? Disrespect to who?

Personally, I didn't like my short time in China, as I found the people, in general, to be quite rude. Where I stay in Thailand now, there is a large number of Chinese tourists, and the locals here find them to be rude too. But what meat the choose to farm is nothing to do with disrespect. In fact, its quite disrespectful to say you can't eat dog but it's ok for us to eat dear, lambs etc.
Not is spitting in their own streets ffs. If they spat in the street here or back in England, I'd find that disrespectful, but if it's accepted, in their culture, to spit in their street how is that showing disrespect? Disrespect to who?
It's not accepted btw. If you ask Chinese people, they'll all say the same about spitting.

Concrete.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.