Iniesta Vs Zidane

In the past 10 years where teams have gone up to the next level as units I'd take a peak Iniesta over a peak Zidane. But anytime prior I'd take Zidane.

Although I'd take Salah over both, obviously.

So yesterday I posted that some folks on ragcafe thinks Pogba is as good as Zidane which I laughed at. But it got me thinking. If given a choice between Iniesta and Zidane, who would you say was better? Personally I would prefer Iniesta as I felt he was more consistent.

What say blues?

Pogba on his best day was nowhere near as good as Zidane on his worst day. And I'd have Iniesta in EwingFC before either of 'em!

So yesterday I posted that some folks on ragcafe thinks Pogba is as good as Zidane which I laughed at. But it got me thinking. If given a choice between Iniesta and Zidane, who would you say was better? Personally I would prefer Iniesta as I felt he was more consistent.

What say blues?
Not in the same class. Zidane

It’s like the difference between Silva and de Bruyne.

Silva keeps the possession ticking. He can run the tempo of the game and set the tone as well as when getting the lead being instrumental in keeping it.

de Bruyne just has that something extra. That killer ball that nobody else sees, that command of being the match winner.

I think Iniesta is Silva and Zidane is de Bruyne.

I was going to just say Zidane but I don't think it's a fair comparison.

As City fans watching Silva being ignored until recent years, we should know there are certain players with a subtle brilliance to their game that can only be fully appreciated by extensive viewing and even then it's sometimes hard to pick out moments and put them into words, to do them justice. With Zidane all of that is easy, there was nothing subtle about his game, he left players on the deck completely bamboozled and scored some belters, that are easy to pick out and describe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.