City's New Kits - 2019/20

I gave the price in Euros, not Raheem. €75. At today's rates (courtesy of XE. com), €75 = £66.93. So, I would guess it's the replica. At the risk of repeating myself, the OS is looking for over €90 for the same shirt.

It’s £65 on the official site. That’s €72.82 at the moment.

Perhaps you’ve seen the more expensive (£90+) player replica ‘authentic home’ version and become confused.

Or they’re randomly charging your country loads and loads more! Ha

It’s £65 on the official site. That’s €72.82 at the moment.

Perhaps you’ve seen the more expensive (£90+) player replica ‘authentic home’ version and become confused.

Or they’re randomly charging your country loads and loads more! Ha
No confusion....

BHrioXw.png

As I said, €90 for the "replica" and €120 for the "authentic". Add on postage (€8 or 10, depending on whether you want standard or express delivery), and you're looking at over a ton for the replica. And the (presumably replica) shirt is the same one I posted the picture of earlier, on sale here for €75.

No confusion....

BHrioXw.png

As I said, €90 for the "replica" and €120 for the "authentic". Add on postage (€8 or 10, depending on whether you want standard or express delivery), and you're looking at over a ton for the replica. And the (presumably replica) shirt is the same one I posted the picture of earlier, on sale here for €75.
To be fair, it can be difficult talking to the marketing people at any company, Jim.

Am in Manchester at the minute and was at the Etihad today getting my eldest a new kit. He ended up getting the 3rd kit as he hated the v neck on the home one? We bought him the away anyway when it was launched but he wanted the home one until he tried it on and with him being only 10 the v dropped half way down his bloody chest! :-(

would be interesting to see the figures, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the away kit is outselling the home kit. Most of the kids Ive seen wearing the new strips have chosen that one. although tbf it is by far the best out of the bunch.

No confusion....

BHrioXw.png

That’s shocking and I can’t think of a single reason for it.

That’s shocking and I can’t think of a single reason for it.
InterSport are happy to operate on tighter margins than City?
City's operating costs are higher than InterSport's and they want to maintain their margins?
City know that people actively visiting their website will likely be willing to spend more than someone who randomly walks off the street into an independent sports shop in Ireland?

There's three potential reasons off the top of my head. There have always been cheaper places to get the kits than City's website for a combination of the reasons above.

InterSport are happy to operate on tighter margins than City?
City's operating costs are higher than InterSport's and they want to maintain their margins?
City know that people actively visiting their website will likely be willing to spend more than someone who randomly walks off the street into an independent sports shop in Ireland?

There's three potential reasons off the top of my head. There have always been cheaper places to get the kits than City's website for a combination of the reasons above.

PMSL

Cheers lad!

I take it InterSport are the Irish division? My comments are of course about why the shirt would be much more expensive for someone in Ireland to buy compared to England before the also more expensive postage is taken into account.

After all points like this:

“City know that people actively visiting their website will likely be willing to spend more than someone who randomly walks off the street into an independent sports shop in Ireland?”

Could apply to England as well.

PMSL

Cheers lad!

I take it InterSport are the Irish division? My comments are of course about why the shirt would be much more expensive for someone in Ireland to buy compared to England before the also more expensive postage is taken into account.

After all points like this:

“City know that people actively visiting their website will likely be willing to spend more than someone who randomly walks off the street into an independent sports shop in Ireland?”

Could apply to England as well.
Ah, I misunderstood that bit and jumped in blindly! Apologies. Thought you were wondering why it would be €90 at City but only €75 at InterSport/Elverys.

You are, of course, right. City charging the equivalent of £80 for people in Ireland (plus postage) versus £65 for people in England is indeed a pisstake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.