UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose Gill as an example as you very rarely, if ever hear that Gill is still a director. I never hear it on Sky, or in the media, United themselves never mention the fact. To presume NYT and Fenway do not have joint or similar interests is naive . Does not matter when the shares were sold.

Fair enough.

I don't really think there is much more to this than any media organisation and sports organisations. I think Panja could have got most of his stuff by simple journalism, and if he's found a staff member to feed stuff, that's great for him, but much of it is simpler to get by just knowing the rules and asking the right questions (things like the 5 year cutoff date wouldn't need to be leaked).

Almost the most interesting thing is that the info from UEFA's committee leaked at all (and I doubt it's a committee member risking their income) - it doesn't serve to strengthen any case, but does serve to weaken it.

I think there's a risk of seeing bogeymen everywhere, and looking for links when there might not be any.

Fair enough.

I don't really think there is much more to this than any media organisation and sports organisations. I think Panja could have got most of his stuff by simple journalism, and if he's found a staff member to feed stuff, that's great for him, but much of it is simpler to get by just knowing the rules and asking the right questions (things like the 5 year cutoff date wouldn't need to be leaked).

Almost the most interesting thing is that the info from UEFA's committee leaked at all (and I doubt it's a committee member risking their income) - it doesn't serve to strengthen any case, but does serve to weaken it.

I think there's a risk of seeing bogeymen everywhere, and looking for links when there might not be any.
I think the most likely scenario is that the leak from the UEFA committee has come from a committee member to a third party and then to Panja. Our commercial rivals in the North West have been briefing against us in the media and Khaldoon knows this. On that basis it is reasonable to assume that the damaging leaks have come via the same route to a London-based reporter of the New York Times. We will probably never know for sure unless it comes out in a future civil action by City against UEFA because if we get a ban I believe the club will "go nuclear."

I’d stop digging if I was you, you have very corrupt owners and a proper bent Chairman who colluded with the French Prime Minister to acquire your club.

UEFA May take City on and try and ban us but just because one Portuguese geezer thinks he has Herculean bollocks doesn’t mean his point of view will prevail.

By the way, Idrisa Gueye, £28m, what the fuck! He wouldn’t get in our squad.
First of all, it was Sarkozy, the French President. Not a Prime Minister.

Secondly, what about Gueye ? I'm not happy with the purchase but what can i do about it ? He will be a PSG player and i'll support him and hope he will have great season wearing our kit.

I really don't understand your attempts to wind me up. I was a PSG fan during our worst moments when we were close to relegation under our useless US pension fund owners. I can certainly be a fan when we are dominating french football and playing european football. PSG will remain my one and only club with or without Gueye or Neymar or Mbappé or Nasser and the Qatar.

First of all, it was Sarkozy, the French President. Not a Prime Minister.

Secondly, what about Gueye ? I'm not happy with the purchase but what can i do about it ? He will be a PSG player and i'll support him and hope he will have great season wearing our kit.

I really don't understand your attempts to wind me up. I was a PSG fan during our worst moments when we were close to relegation under our useless US pension fund owners. I can certainly be a fan when we are dominating french football and playing european football. PSG will remain my one and only club with or without Gueye or Neymar or Mbappé or Nasser and the Qatar.
Good riposte. Fans have nothing to do with the shinanigans that go on. We have a club in our blood from when we were young. You just can't wipe that out, a la Conn.

I think the most likely scenario is that the leak from the UEFA committee has come from a committee member to a third party and then to Panja. Our commercial rivals in the North West have been briefing against us in the media and Khaldoon knows this. On that basis it is reasonable to assume that the damaging leaks have come via the same route to a London-based reporter of the New York Times. We will probably never know for sure unless it comes out in a future civil action by City against UEFA because if we get a ban I believe the club will "go nuclear."

Seems fair. I think both are reasonable options, just not more than 50% reasonable (if that makes sense). I favour one, you favour the other, all good.

I agree that a ban would lead to counter-actions. Without that, I have no idea what might trigger action against UEFA - it would almost certainly require revealing things the club would rather not have revealed. City may be a big fish right now, but not big enough to harm themselves for others' benefit.

Good riposte. Fans have nothing to do with the shinanigans that go on. We have a club in our blood from when we were young. You just can't wipe that out, a la Conn.

And I'd say that the Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool and Manchester United's of this world are the ones that should really hang their heads in shame. Their financial machinations over the last 30 years culminating in FFP is more harmful to the integrity of the game than anything City or PSG have ever done.

Seems fair. I think both are reasonable options, just not more than 50% reasonable (if that makes sense). I favour one, you favour the other, all good.

I agree that a ban would lead to counter-actions. Without that, I have no idea what might trigger action against UEFA - it would almost certainly require revealing things the club would rather not have revealed. City may be a big fish right now, but not big enough to harm themselves for others' benefit.
I think UEFA must be looking for a way out. They can't really win by taking on City. If they ban us we will take civil action and we'll have a strong case on the flawed process and lack of evidence. We will go after them for worldwide damages to CFG revenues, sponsorships, reputation, the lot.
UEFA could end up paying hundreds of millions and it may open the door to legal challenges from other clubs. It would be a disaster for UEFA. Are they really going to gamble their entire existence on some vaguely-worded illegally hacked emails from an alleged blackmailer? What's in it for them?

I think UEFA must be looking for a way out. They can't really win by taking on City. If they ban us we will take civil action and we'll have a strong case on the flawed process and lack of evidence. We will go after them for worldwide damages to CFG revenues, sponsorships, reputation, the lot.
UEFA could end up paying hundreds of millions and it may open the door to legal challenges from other clubs. It would be a disaster for UEFA. Are they really going to gamble their entire existence on some vaguely-worded illegally hacked emails from an alleged blackmailer? What's in it for them?

Yes, I suggested the same a few weeks ago. I can't see a way out for them without the case being thrown out.

Yes, I suggested the same a few weeks ago. I can't see a way out for them without the case being thrown out.
The UEFA lawyers must have warned them about the incredible risks. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce they are delaying any action till after the result of the Pinto case which looks like it will be at least 18 months away given his custody period has just been extended. It seems very likely Pinto will be convicted (he was caught on tape in a sting operation) and that will be UEFA's get-out. Of course that would also leave a cloud over City and may not be enough to appease our enemies in Real Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern, and United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.