Championship footballer thought to be gay deletes his twitter account

roy.or.r

Just seen this.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49093329

I am not from UK but I thought that, in general, people are more accepting of gay men. Have we seen or heard of a gay footballer before in the PL?
It's so sad that the guy has to live in fear like this even in 2019.
What are your thoughts blues?

Shouldnt matter at all but it’s going to take a few brave souls to come out and bear the brunt of the inevitable chants and then hopefully it’s becomes normal.

It won’t make a Blind but of difference to most people but there will always be dickheads.

The thing is there are lots of women footballers who have come out as gay, Megan Rapinoe being the famous one. However, I have yet to come across any male footballer who has identified themselves as gay. Are the abuse towards male footballers that bad in Europe?

In a way I'm glad that he didn't come out. For himself. Why should he fall at the sword as a martyr? He needs to put himself first.

If he wants to take this on then fair dues to him but if he doesn't then no pressure. The worst thing would be to regret it afterwards.

I feel sorry for people having to live a lie though. Maybe the football authorities need to take a stand more than they do.

In a way I'm glad that he didn't come out. For himself. Why should he fall at the sword as a martyr? He needs to put himself first.

If he wants to take this on then fair dues to him but if he doesn't then no pressure. The worst thing would be to regret it afterwards.

I feel sorry for people having to live a lie though. Maybe the football authorities need to take a stand more than they do.

As I intimated above, why should it matter if a footballer is gay? Why should he ‘come out’? Just carry on with your life as you always have.

We have a rainbow laces day what more do they want?

I'm joking, it wouldn't matter a jot if our entire team was gay, I support the club as a whole. To add to that I'd quite happily abuse footballers on their appearance, behaviour etc but sexuality is totally irrelevant, well to me anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.