Have we seen the best?

buckshot

Centurions and the fourmidables the last two seasons. Is it realistic to expect more or will they maintain their excellence w/o improving?

Centurions and the fourmidables the last two seasons. Is it realistic to expect more or will they maintain their excellence w/o improving?
With pep you never know. But when he goes I won’t go as far as saying we will go down hill but we certainly won’t get any better

I fear we have been spoiled for life.

While there will definitely be football this season that brings us to our feet, it is simply not reasonable to believe that we can continue to break records year after year after year. This is one reason I believe the CL has to be a priority this season, as it would be the capstone trophy that makes everyone sit up and realize this really is the best team England has ever seen.

While it is almost unreal for me to say that I don’t really care about the Domestic cup competitions this season, I think it is the only way a team survives the long PL and CL seasons with any realistic chance of victory.

Last season, the CL was wide open for us and to think we lost to Spurs over two legs still boggles the mind. However, by adding Rodri this season, and with not even making a CL semi final under Pep, I just don’t see how he and the ownership can’t be placing all their eggs in that basket this season.

The League happens every week, often twice a week, and City have a winning habit now, so most of those games will take care if themselves, especially with the desire to play. However, I just feel like we have faltered repeatedly in the CL, even in the Group Stages, and this has to be fixed.

The zenith, whether most City fans can stomach it or not, is to be crowned European Champions. To do that on the back of Centurions & Formidables is, I believe, the ONLY way to see “progress,” even if the quality of football does bring a tear to one’s eye at times.

I think we will get better this season
A fit KDB and young players maturing all taking the pressure off Spanish Dave so he can weave his magic for a final ten months

As for the CL
All you can do is qualify for the KO stages
From there it's a cup competition where missing a pen or dodgy VAR replays can have a huge bearing on a tie
We went all in to win it vs Spurs, but ultimately failed
It'll happen at some time

I fear we have been spoiled for life.

While there will definitely be football this season that brings us to our feet, it is simply not reasonable to believe that we can continue to break records year after year after year. This is one reason I believe the CL has to be a priority this season, as it would be the capstone trophy that makes everyone sit up and realize this really is the best team England has ever seen.

While it is almost unreal for me to say that I don’t really care about the Domestic cup competitions this season, I think it is the only way a team survives the long PL and CL seasons with any realistic chance of victory.

Last season, the CL was wide open for us and to think we lost to Spurs over two legs still boggles the mind. However, by adding Rodri this season, and with not even making a CL semi final under Pep, I just don’t see how he and the ownership can’t be placing all their eggs in that basket this season.

The League happens every week, often twice a week, and City have a winning habit now, so most of those games will take care if themselves, especially with the desire to play. However, I just feel like we have faltered repeatedly in the CL, even in the Group Stages, and this has to be fixed.

The zenith, whether most City fans can stomach it or not, is to be crowned European Champions. To do that on the back of Centurions & Formidables is, I believe, the ONLY way to see “progress,” even if the quality of football does bring a tear to one’s eye at times.
No no and no again. All three domestic competitons first please.

Win the lot next season!

Then the two additional supercups after.

That's what pep will be saying.

It's a young squad so it can feasibly reapeat or improve on last year by winning all 4 or 3 at least.

Hard task to do season by season even the greatest sqauads haven't retained every trophy they won year one year.

Pep will go for everything and so should the fans non of this sacrificing domestic cup bollocks, we were 2 Var decisiin away from a CL semi while still competing for the treble, All 4 it is doable so don't compromise.

Also if we have peaked and see a decline in success, so be it, all I ever wanted was to see us win the leagues and some cups in my lifetime, something I never thought I would see, long may it continue but if it doesn't then that's life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.