What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

Overall there will be more Reds than Blues due to their 20 years of dominance.

That’s just common sense.

If the current balance of power continues for 15 years it’ll reverse.
Depends who you are referring to. We're no.1 in Manchester now by numbers by every metric.

Doesn't matter whether you're talking about match-going fans, or just people in general.

If you are referring to England, and committed fans, I agree roughly.

If you are talking globally, it will take 2-3 years no more. Look at the data.

China has the largest population on Earth by some distance. As at 31 Dec 2018, these are the Weibo subscriber figures:

Man Utd 9,318,276
Man City 8,312,356
Barcelona 5,950,462
Arsenal 4,718,016
Chelsea, 4,257,054
Real Madrid 3,470,462

Clearly this is just part of a wider picture, but I think this type of support changes very quickly season by season acccording to who wins what, and which league is being broadcast in which country.

A client of ours owned a pub in Middleton. She had no football affiliations, but said she preferred City matches over ManUre.

She said City fans would come in early in big numbers, eat, drink & prep themselves for the match. They'd stay long after the match & continue eating & drinking.

The Rags however, would turn up 20 minutes before kickoff, order a pint & nurse it for the whole match, & as soon as the final whistle blew, they were gone.

Her pub was upgraded some years ago, so another thing she noticed is the Rags preferred this spit & sawdust boozer about half a mile away, whereas City fans wouldn't be seen dead in there.

I get what the OP means about the Rags support being swelled by fans from the surrounding mill towns. One season ticket holding Rag I used to work with came from Scarborough. It was the first time I'd heard the term 'I'm a ManUre supporter, but my home town/ local club is "Insert Name Here" '.

None of my football loving colleagues from the surrounding mill towns support their local clubs. One from Preston will argue the toss all day in defence of the rags. 2 from Oldham are diehard Dippers. Ask them why the support a team away from their area, & they reply they've always supported 'big team A, B or C'. However ask them why they don't support their hometown club, it basically comes down to the fact they're shit & have little support.

Pointing out if all these glory seeking fans supported their local teams, they wouldn't be as shit as they are, is lost on them. They're just desperate to be emotionally involved in the big Premier League scraps they watch in the pub.

In terms of our growing support, it will take another couple of generations to challenge ManUre & the Dippers, but it's happening at a rate of knots which is frightening both of them.

Going to London regularly, I was shocked to see so many kids wearing our shirt. Even abroad our brand is rapidly expanding. After the recent pre-season match between the two Madrid clubs, during the fans post match interviews, one fan ran up to the camera & screamed 'MANCHESTER CITY!!!!' That would have been unheard of even 5 years ago.

Success brings fans, especially younger ones. In the next few years, it's they who'll be TV presenters & Journo's & it then we'll start to get the fair press we deserve.

What was the pub called

I am on holiday in Spain and the guys that sell fake stuff have Arsenal city Liverpool and Chelsea shirts not seen many United shirts to be fair

It’s turning

Mate it depends what the word fan means I've lived in leve all my life sixty plus years and I dont know a single rag that actually goes.
In my last job, CIS there were two Man Utd season ticket holders, and one just kept the ticket to sell on. There were about 7/8 City season ticket holders and that was the same on previous job. Back in 2001, the number of City and Utd season ticketholders in Manchester was more or less the same.

Since then, everything has moved our way. Our stadium has gone from 34k to 55k, and we've gone from being relegated to winning back to back league titles and a treble/quadruple.

In my office of 40 people there are loads of reds and 3 blues. I work in Moss Side. I live in Withington, and generally see more blue shirts, but I think in football you see the more successful team more out and about. United have more fans in Manchester at the end of the day due to the age/success of their team. However, you look in the playground of my 8 year old son (West Didsbury) and it's totally City now. This has been happening for about 3/4 years now. If we maintain the success for at least another 5 years, that will be enough to takeover totally.

I reckon we are taking the '9 year old boy' market. When we were shite you would often see families of Blues where the lad would say he was a United fan at around that age as if the team you support is rubbish then you are too. We lost loads because of this.

The boot is on the other foot now as United are shite, boring and, crucially, they win fuck all.

You only have to be in the city centre after a game, when we've played we're everywhere, be in town after a scum game & you'd be hard pressed to know they've actually had a game...long distance travelling can be a woman.

Some of them might but they're outnumbered now significantly in their own City.

Who holds London? Not Man Utd. Arsenal. There's nowhere other than Cornwall and Devon, which is empty, where Utd are no. 1.

Their last bastion is Ireland. That admittedly will be a tough nut to crack.

You can look closer to home.

Warrington/Wigan/Bolton/Oldham/Bury/Rochdale. - rags everywhere. City fans still
Make up a very small minority in Warrington. It’s growing but rags and red scousers rule the roost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.