#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't help him though did it ?

It didn’t but it was not necessary on his part, he was a starter.

My point is if you’re clearly a back up and fighting for top spot than considering you didn’t play much through out the season wouldn’t it be wise to try to come back earlier to impress the manager while the starter is away?

My point is if you’re clearly a back up and fighting for top spot than considering you didn’t play much through out the season wouldn’t it be wise to try to come back earlier to impress the manager while the starter is away?

Not imo, if your career keeps being interrupted by injury. Have a rest.

Maybe the manager doesn't want him to come back early , and has told him so ?

You don't seem to get it. If he doesn't get good rest, then he has no chance whatsoever. As he'll be mentally fatigued. From not having a Break.

It's not just the number of games you play ( even though that's the most important) it's that you are back at work all year long practicing and following a regiment. The mental fatigue of having no break or too little break is taxing.

Ask anyone who has played competitively at any level. Even as a bench warming backup. Over the course of the season, you'd have put in major work.

whens Gabby back in Manchester, can't wait to see him back in the team, I think he will have a big season, I think he's grown up a lot since copa America , and will give us different options.

You don't seem to get it. If he doesn't get good rest, then he has no chance whatsoever. As he'll be mentally fatigued. From not having a Break.

It's not just the number of games you play ( even though that's the most important) it's that you are back at work all year long practicing and following a regiment. The mental fatigue of having no break or too little break is taxing.

Ask anyone who has played competitively at any level. Even as a bench warming backup. Over the course of the season, you'd have put in major work.

Can confirm as true.

Excellent point Dax!

I don’t agree with @Easy that he needs to rush back but I absolutely think he needs to be getting regular starts almost from the get go. We don’t need him accepting a potentially mentally demoralizing role as the ‘back up’ from the start. You need that self belief. Especially going into year four (3.5 to be fair). Just look at his explosive start when he had that self belief.

I love his comments about being more selfish around goal and creating more chances for himself. He’s been incredibly cordial in regards to respecting Aguero...now it’s time to push him and fight to take his spot.

Last edited:
I’m expecting big things from Jesus this season.

He has the game to be one of the best strikers of his generation.

Aguero will always be better though,that needs to repeated and emphasized.
Why does that always need to be emphasized? This seems childish and almost has no bearing on anything.

Bernardo Silva is amazing... but Messi will always be better, this adds nothing to the conversation.

Gabriel Jesus is still under rated on this sub, we had people saying we should sell him because he is not good enough for us, when you add comments about Aguero you add fuel to that fire. Jesus is one of the best strikers in the world and is only 22, people on here should be ecstatic that we have him.

Nobody will ever eclipse that Aguero moment for the first trophy, but Jesus even has his moment for the 100 pts, so lets give him some appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.