It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

As well as Otamendi we also have Rodri, who has publicly stated that he can play there, in addition to Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Fernandinho, Walker, Stones and Laporte absolutely no need for further investment IMO.

Agree + all this chat is ignorant of the squad list. If you say we must have an additional CB then you need to say how:-

A foreign CB opens up options but who's place are you nominating for them to take?
An Association Trained CB - Are you suggesting we out bid the rags at circa £85m for slab head or someone else?

It is not as simple as saying we must have a 4th CB.

Agree + all this chat is ignorant of the squad list. If you say we must have an additional CB then you need to say how:-

A foreign CB opens up options but who's place are you nominating for them to take?
An Association Trained CB - Are you suggesting we out bid the rags at circa £85m for slab head or someone else?

It is not as simple as saying we must have a 4th CB.
It also doesn't take into account who our manager is, if he thinks he can use different players in different ways , he most likely can.

Tosin did the same two seasons ago. We've lost Kompany. We have an out of form Stones & a 32 year old Otamendi. Garcia & Harewood Bellis will get their opportunities in the future. Right now we need top class reinforcements for this & next season, & I doubt having a couple of backup teenagers is a policy we should be pursuing.

As this week has shown, all it takes is one CB injury & our whole season could be derailed.

We have 3 World class centre halves, all in their prime. We have 3 or 4 very viable back up options. Kompany can never be replaced, much like when YaYa left, you will see a tactical alteration not a player replacement.

It also doesn't take into account who our manager is, if he thinks he can use different players in different ways , he most likely can.

Yep - a big impact of the squad restictions is optionality. It's like circket pre 20:20 where you were a bowler or a batter or a wicket keeper. Now everyone has to be able to bat and a couple of your out and out batters have to be able to bowl.

Players like Zinchenko and F'dinho are so valuable as they cover a couple of spots. I think Rodri has all the attributes to be a top CB, would not be suprised at all if he were the default 4th option.

My take on the centre back situation would be see how we go until January and line up a target in case we get to that point in the season and feel we need to add to what we’ve got

My take on the centre back situation would be see how we go until January and line up a target in case we get to that point in the season and feel we need to add to what we’ve got

Good idea - providing there’s no transfer ban on the horizon

Get your laughing pants ready.

Cash + Danilo in deal for Cancelo looking on. Makes sense all round.

The Lukaku for Dybala swap looks dead as Dybala doesn't fancy it.

This could all be done in the next 24h.

Reality check for the rags incominng...

Get your laughing pants ready.

Cash + Danilo in deal for Cancelo looking on. Makes sense all round.

The Lukaku for Dybala swap looks dead as Dybala doesn't fancy it.

This could all be done in the next 24h.

Reality check for the rags incominng...

Just read it on Twitter - tuttosport

We have 3 World class centre halves, all in their prime. We have 3 or 4 very viable back up options. Kompany can never be replaced, much like when YaYa left, you will see a tactical alteration not a player replacement.
Laporte is our only genuine world class cb in my opinion. I like Stones and Otta but it’s a stretch to say they’re world class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.