Community shield Post match thread

First half we were very good, We looked so so sharp in possession, Retrieving the ball within seconds ect Then we seemed to run out of steam its natural though considering most of our squad hasht had a proper pre season. No Sergio, Ederson, Mendy, Ferny and Laporte. That was basically Liverpools full strength team bar Mane.

Rodri showed some really good signs today he looks to have a great reading of the game making interceptions. But i agree sometimes looked lost in possession especially in the second half.

Bravo was tremendous today. So unfortunate he's on the bench behind the best keeper in the world. Why Bravo has so many critics so beyond me.

Because in the past, he has been nowhere near as good.

I've been on RAWK and they're not bothered, they didn't want it anyway apparently.

images

No, that’s the rags!

Thought we were bobbins to be brutally honest.

Bravo and Otamendi men of the match.

Great to see KDB back.

Rodrigo did some good things but at times he was very Javi Garcia in that he seemed to lack intelligence and was poor when receiving the ball with his back to play.

I won’t judge him on this game but he’ll need to buck his ideas right up to be part of this side.

Another Wembley win :)
Oh f**k you've said it, I've been thinking it, was going to post it, but you said it first so it wont be my fault. That name still send shudders down my spine ;-)

Seen some videos of bust ups on the train. Was anybody on here around the incident? If so, Hope your all ok blues.

Normally I'd say hope all involved (on both sides are ok) but I've grown a much larger hatred towards them twats. Especially after the bus incident. They can go f*ck. Hope they got a few smacks. Vile c*nts.

First half we were very good, We looked so so sharp in possession, Retrieving the ball within seconds ect Then we seemed to run out of steam its natural though considering most of our squad hasht had a proper pre season. No Sergio, Ederson, Mendy, Ferny and Laporte. That was basically Liverpools full strength team bar Mane.

Rodri showed some really good signs today he looks to have a great reading of the game making interceptions. But i agree sometimes looked lost in possession especially in the second half.

Bravo was tremendous today. So unfortunate he's on the bench behind the best keeper in the world. Why Bravo has so many critics so beyond me.

We were good in the attacking phase first half but Salah could have had a hat trick as well.

He had Zin for breakfast a few times.

It’ll do for a preseason game though.

First trophy of the season banked. We were fucked in the second half, & the BT commentators queried why Pep didn't make any substitutions. I reckon Pep was trying to get the team to play their way to fitness. Hopefully there were no injuries as a result.

Two weeks ago, a poster got all snotty with me after one of our pre-season matches, when I pointed out that Sterling is an instinctive player & when given too much time to think, he becomes indecisive & invariably loses the ball.

Today was another example of him having too much time to think. Pep's done brilliantly with him so far, so hopefully achieving a composed mentality when under pressure is next on the list for Sterling.

During the second half, we lost our composure & we need to learn to become more compact for a spell during these periods, until we regain it just like a boxer covering up when recovering from a punch.

We controlled the first half brilliantly, and showed who was boss when both teams had similar energy levels.

I agree with some of this, but I thought Raz was very direct in H1 and as a result he was playing very naturally, instinctive if you prefer. If you look at the stats over the two halves you’ll see that it’s more than likely pep decided to go out and defend the lead rather than push on for the win. Why he did that I can only guess maybe to invite them on to see if we could contain them or maybe he thought we were gassed so he was trying to conserve energy, I don’t know.

Because in the past, he has been nowhere near as good.
Also because when a keeper makes a mistake it results in a goal, A defender, Midfielder or attacker can get away with it.

Usual English media bombarding him from his first mistake at the swamp.

He's been exceptional the last two seasons ect Top keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.