Gundogan to sign new contract?

He was absolutely mustard last season.

Poor yesterday but it’s pre-season.
He scored a goal or two and he chipped a few into the box. Beyond that, he was a stop gap in a team of world beaters. Not saying he isn’t a good player, but just don’t see a squad player getting the kid of $200K contract he will probably be looking for. That’s £10M, which is a nice down payment on a $30-50M high quality replacement with a little bit of youth and bite in the engine room. Rodri is silky, but still believe we need to add some bite into the middle of the park as we start to wean ourselves off the Master (Fernandinho).

He scored a goal or two and he chipped a few into the box. Beyond that, he was a stop gap in a team of world beaters. Not saying he isn’t a good player, but just don’t see a squad player getting the kid of $200K contract he will probably be looking for. That’s £10M, which is a nice down payment on a $30-50M high quality replacement with a little bit of youth and bite in the engine room. Rodri is silky, but still believe we need to add some bite into the middle of the park as we start to wean ourselves off the Master (Fernandinho).

I suggest you go and watch a lot of last season back mate. He was phenomenal for the last 3 months.

I’m not saying he’s an automatic starter but he’s got to be one of the best back ups in the business.

I suggest you go and watch a lot of last season back mate. He was phenomenal for the last 3 months.

I’m not saying he’s an automatic starter but he’s got to be one of the best back ups in the business.
I’m saying being a bit part player behind Ferna and Rodri isn’t going to be his cup of tea, especially going into his “high earning years” that City may not want to provide...and, I’ll even give you the point that he has played a good 3 months in 3 years! Yea, Ilkay!

I’m saying being a bit part player behind Ferna and Rodri isn’t going to be his cup of tea, especially going into his “high earning years” that City may not want to provide...and, I’ll even give you the point that he has played a good 3 months in 3 years! Yea, Ilkay!

He can play in forward positions.

Fernandinho and Silva, being the age they both are won’t play anywhere near the games they have done in the past. Both will be likely gone at the end of next season and if we offer him regular football, he may stick around. Especially if there’s a promise of NYCFC and a big pay day there afterward.

He was our best midfielder last season, some people might not agree but fuck them. Letting him go for free the same year Silva goes and potentially Fernandinho isn’t good squad planning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.