-Laporte signed, Mangala loaned to Everton-

Champions League
90 mins vs. Feyenoord (1-0 W)
90 mins vs. Shakhtar (2-1 L)

FA Cup
N/A

League Cup
90 mins vs. West Brom (2-1 W)
120 mins vs. Wolves (0-0 D, won on penalties)
81 mins vs. Leicester (1-1 D, won on penalties)
90 mins vs. Bristol City (2-1 W)

He was a colossus in that minute v Huddersfield.

There have been rumours for years...he never goes.

Bottom line is City have agreed to pay him money and quite a lot of it. Nobody else is prepared to pay him actual cash as they've probably seen him play at some point.

Why would he move now when he can pick up a good wage doing nothing at City? If he cared about his career or playing time he would have gone when people thought he might be worth a punt and tried to buy him.

Like nearly all players money comes first and we've paid him handsomely.

Our only hope was to get United to buy him by insisting on extending his contract. Unfortunately even Woodward wasn't tricked and that's saying something. Nice try though.

He was a colossus in that minute v Huddersfield.
Being completely serious, I think he was absolutely immense in those 31 minutes against United. I'm not sure we'd have won the game without him.

This is all from the Guardian match report alone:

67 mins: "[Lingard] plays an excellent crossfield diagonal to Lukaku who approches the right of the box on an angled run. Mangala refuses to let him come in on his left and he takes two strides and bludgeons a right foot shot miles over."

78 mins: Martial plays in Lukaku down the left of the box with a cute pass but the centre-forward is closed down immediately by Mangala who sticks with him and stays close until he loses control. Superb defending again.

84 mins: Brilliant double save from Ederson. Lukaku volleys it through the six-yard box into the keeper's face. He made himself huge then sprang up to block Mata's effort with the rebound from similarly close quarters. Once more Mangala helped by playing close attention to Lukaku.

Being completely serious, I think he was absolutely immense in those 31 minutes against United. I'm not sure we'd have won the game without him.

This is all from the Guardian match report alone:

67 mins: "[Lingard] plays an excellent crossfield diagonal to Lukaku who approches the right of the box on an angled run. Mangala refuses to let him come in on his left and he takes two strides and bludgeons a right foot shot miles over."

78 mins: Martial plays in Lukaku down the left of the box with a cute pass but the centre-forward is closed down immediately by Mangala who sticks with him and stays close until he loses control. Superb defending again.

84 mins: Brilliant double save from Ederson. Lukaku volleys it through the six-yard box into the keeper's face. He made himself huge then sprang up to block Mata's effort with the rebound from similarly close quarters. Once more Mangala helped by playing close attention to Lukaku.

Tbf mate I’ve always rated him when having to do the ‘old school’ defensive elements. He’s big, strong and fast and handles big lads well - see Costa and Ibrahimovich.

The ‘intelligence’ side he just doesn’t have though. His reading of the game is poor and his ability on the ball is Lescott-esque.

He’s not a Pep player but be great for a Burnley or a Palace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.