#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how people can still not get this. Phil Foden is never going on loan, and the best place for him to be is right here, right next to Pep Guardiola.

He will play plenty. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get 40 appearances, up from 26 last year.

Obviously.... it was just my opinion. When you say appearances it means nothing if it’s 5 minutes at the end of the game. He needs to be starting more games now, league games and cup games.

If he’s not even making the bench on match days he’s not developing or progressing

Took balls to step up for the penalty, and great to see him bury it so confidently. Can’t wait to see him get more games this season.

Watching him walk down to the Liverpool end with all the whistles and boos, and see him dispatch that penalty showed what great strength of character he has. Really think this year will be his year to really break into the team on a regular basis. He’s ready!

I think he logged something like 1500 minutes last season in all comps. I’m really looking forward to 2300/2400 with a lot more of that coming in ‘meaningful’ premier league games.

This is going to be a huge season for Phil and Gabby and honestly I think Pep has both of them primed to take the next step. Can’t wait!

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I still think he’s going to struggle to get minutes in the league this season, especially if De Bruyne, Gundogan and Silva stay fit. He might not even make the bench for our first few league games.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I still think he’s going to struggle to get minutes in the league this season, especially if De Bruyne, Gundogan and Silva stay fit. He might not even make the bench for our first few league games.

On the contrary, given that he is fit and has the legs to play (the other 3 you mention are not yet entirely fit- some evidently much worse than others), I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least on the bench in our first few league games.

Hopefully we will see him slowly take more and more of Merlin's minutes,as we phase him out of the side.

He will 100% get more minutes than last season. As mentioned Pep will start to phase Merl out - expect to see Phil starting in league games against mid to bottom table sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.