Camper Van conversions

Have you seen the prices. There are a few on a garage forecourt near us .....the cheapest being £25k for basically a 6 year old transit with a bad, factor in all the running costs and the mither of keeping it and then imagine how many B&Bs that would pay for...Get a Bedford Rascal and a lilo

Me and wife did 3 weeks around Oz in a rascal. 3k miles.

Currently trying to find a camper that somebody has bought and hasn't used or abused... Maybe I need to wait till autumn when prices drop a little.

SWMBO has decided we should invest in a camper and tour the UK, possibly Europe too if we take to it...

Missed a cracker last weekend on eBay but hopeful another will come up that isn't vastly overpriced..

Looking for a Non-VW 4 berth for the space if anybody knows of one for sale, ideally around £25 -£30k tops and 2010 or later...

I went upstairs in Macca's on La Rambla to use their toilet and you needed a code to get in....code is on your receipt.. bastards!

I fell for that one too, in the same place

Currently trying to find a camper that somebody has bought and hasn't used or abused... Maybe I need to wait till autumn when prices drop a little.

SWMBO has decided we should invest in a camper and tour the UK, possibly Europe too if we take to it...

Missed a cracker last weekend on eBay but hopeful another will come up that isn't vastly overpriced..

Looking for a Non-VW 4 berth for the space if anybody knows of one for sale, ideally around £25 -£30k tops and 2010 or later...
My mate will build you a camper van of your specs newer than a 12 plate. I've seen pics of a couple he's done. PM me if interested.

My mate will build you a camper van of your specs newer than a 12 plate. I've seen pics of a couple he's done. PM me if interested.
DVLA are clamping down in reclassifications on conversions, there are loads getting them refused even with pop tops, windows etc it seems the police want it to look like a motor home even if you meet their current criteria. Someone did mention as well it could be something to do with the emissions charge in London as if it’s a camper you don’t get charged but you do if it’s a normal van.

Been thinking about what to do in retirement a few years from now and the idea of travelling around Europe in a camper van appeals to me. Been watching loads of YouTube vids about people who have taken an old panel van and converted it themselves into their own little homes on wheels. There's some really good ones. It's quite a straight forward thing to do it seems and would be a nice little project to do for a few months prior to the big 'off'. The trick is to stick a couple of solar panels on the roof so your power can all be derived off-grid whilst the panel van retains its panel van appearance from the outside. Therefore you are able to 'stealth-camp' pretty much anywhere you want without having to pay campsite fees etc.
What do you reckon?
How far off is your retirement?
I'd get started now and join the queue down at Dover that's apparently going to build up quickly.
make sure all your visas are up to date.

I think I'd rather buy a purpose built motorhome if honest, I am looking to buy one, use it then update or sell completely with minimum depreciation or fuss. I just need to find the right layout at the right price. I might need to wait for the "summer" to end... I can't justify a new one as I fear I will lose too much.

Thanks for the reply though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.