Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgery means tear or partial tear blue , for these professionals and the way we manage their recovery in general its a season ending injury.

Mendy whether we bought him back too early or not is a crock after his injury.

I suppose its different recovery and further treatment after he returns to full training but I think we all know out squad is one down this year and we need someone from the academy to step up like Foden has.
it really doesn't. Mendy suffered a full tear in september of 2017 and was playing again in april. if Sane has a partial tear, then he could be back for the run in.

Sad to hear, get well soon Leroy.

Don't these normally take 6 or 7 months to recover from?
Yep, almost a write off for the season but no news on “damage” or a “tear” but either way we won’t see much of him this season.

I'd like to see Jesus deputising for Sterling ot the left. He can contribute from there. Potentially more playing time for Mahrez and Foden. We'll cope without Sane. Just hope he's back in March. He is fitter than Mendy and will return sooner than Mendy did from a similar injury.

Sounds like damage rather than a tear, so I would still assume months but I don’t think the 6-9 month estimates will be correct. It could be a tear though, doesn’t seem to have been confirmed.

Piss poor from the medical staff to allow him to walk without a brace and crutches both after the game on Sunday. The fact he was still walking through town on Tuesday with nothing is even worse.

Even with the slightest suspicion of ligament damage, he should have had a stabilising brace on.

Not a great track record with these knee injuries and immediate treatment. Both Mendy and Gundog tried to play on.

Hopefully we're looking at 3-4 months rather than 6-9

Club say damages not ruptured, perhaps because they don’t know the extent of the injury but if it’s not ruptured it could go from a season ending injury before it’s started to a could be back after Christmas if he recovers well.

Either way, it’s a Big loss. We lose something from our side without Leroy as an option. Nobody else in the squad offers the things he does. Sterling on the left isn’t the same as he can’t go on the outside due to his refusal to use his left foot. He was the one that prevents teams pushing up too high as we saw when he constantly caught Liverpool out in the 10 minutes he got.

There is absolutely no timescale mentioned by the club.
Must be 3 months minimum you would feel if there's surgery involved, but of course everyone's different. Think it's come at a bad time for him personally especially if he WAS seriously thinking of a move to Bayern, his time out will be hard to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.