West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

No what he actually said was,

"I just haven't enjoyed what's gone on today. The two finishes (by Raheem Sterling) were very similar. One was given, one was wasn't. We're talking fractions. The penalty, a little bit of common sense, did it really need to be taken again? No, call it a good save. You want that human element sometimes, but we haven't had that today. The game has been ruined by what's gone on"

Which I totally agree with.
Ok Paul ; p

Said in the pre match thread it was brilliant man management putting in Mahrez and Jesus. We all know how good Sergio and Bernardo are, but the time was right for seeing if Mahrez and Jesus could step up. Mahrez confidence has probably been sky high since the goal at Brighton plus winning African cup of nations, as with Jesus winning the Copa America.

No what he actually said was,

"I just haven't enjoyed what's gone on today. The two finishes (by Raheem Sterling) were very similar. One was given, one was wasn't. We're talking fractions. The penalty, a little bit of common sense, did it really need to be taken again? No, call it a good save. You want that human element sometimes, but we haven't had that today. The game has been ruined by what's gone on"

Which I totally agree with.

wrong on the penalty for two reasons....Declan Rice encroached and the cleared it...(as did the other West Ham player next to him) - if they hadnt the ball could have fallen to a city player who didnt encroach.

Also the keeper was clealry off his line when he saved...moving forward gives the goalkeeper an advantage by closing the angle down slightly for the penalty taker...both the keepers feet were clearly off his line when sergio struck the penalty. They werent on the second attempt - that will catch a lot of keepers out during the season - i hope the coaches at city are ooking at that with all the keepers as it will be a habit with all of them

The goal that was given looked more offside than the one that wasn't.
I don't actually know if either of the decisions were correct or not.
The penalty was a good spot by VAR, although the keeper would still have saved it had he stayed on the line and rice would still have got to the ball first so that went in our favour.
Thought the last goal could have been pulled back for a foul

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.