Var debate 2019/20

It’ll end up being a half celebration with every goal from now. A muted celebration will kill the games atmosphere. Ultimately I can see people being turned off from going especially the middle aged to older guys who remember the good old days.

Goes back to this question I plan to put to the FA and PL (not that I will actually get a response):
I hope they do get back to you as I'd love to see their response, it's a perfectly valid question too but it seems like they think that just telling fans that it's totally accurate and 'offside is either on or off' is adequate as we're all too thick to understand basic maths/physics.

Celebrating happens in cricket, rugby league, American football, tennis etc.
doesn’t it?
I’m quite calm about VAR - it’ll iron out & we’ll all get used to it (or we better for our own sanity as it ain’t going anywhere)

I wouldn’t like to be sat near opposition fans having a goal I’ve just celebrated like mad ruled out.. guess fans will have to change the most with var..
Not comfortable with the “when the ball was kicked” ruling .. both could have been given taken away with a microsecond movement on the monitor..
I’d like to see clear daylight being introduced for off side , think it was this many moons ago but still you would get the synario of when was the ball kicked ..

We appear to be talking about millimetres between offside/onside, surely that is just ludicrous.
I agree, and the offside law will have to be changed, there's already been one good suggestion on here, that if any part of the player is onside then it should be a goal, this would be the new "level", lets see if it "develops" for these very marginal calls, but if the technology they're using is that accurate it won't matter so long as its right, its early days in its use, and at least the PL are not using in the farcical way FIFA did in the summer.

I’m sure it’s probably been said already, however imo there should be a couple of inches margin given to the attacker in the offsides, classed as “margin for error and giving the attacker the benefit of the doubt”.

That way it’d keep the game the way we like it.

The same millimeters that Stones stopped Liverpool from scoring Aguero scored against Burnley.

Totally different. Goal line technology is easier as the line never moves and the ball which is moving has sensors throughout. That is totally different from someone/a computer deciding the exact moment a player kicks a ball and at the same time the exact moment some part of a players body is millimetres past the defender.

For TV viewers and match attendees you can't validate VAR offside decisions. There needs to be a split screen for VAR decisions. A box in the top left showing the passer and the rest of the screen the side view of the pitch. Then you can validate when the ball was played (when the passer touches the ball in the passing movement) and the offside view at the point where the ball was passed. On TV you can rewind it and replay to validate the decision.

Totally different. Goal line technology is easier as the line never moves and the ball which is moving has sensors throughout. That is totally different from someone/a computer deciding the exact moment a player kicks a ball and at the same time the exact moment some part of a players body is millimetres past the defender.
I think more will be in our favour this season than will go against us. Liverpool and Man United will be the two teams that will lose out due to the referees not being able to turn a blind eye to diving, dodgy pens etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.