Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't half post some tripe.

In one competitive game, because he hasn't had a surging yaya run or a last ditch dinho tackle, you don't rate him... Never mind the incisive passes he made in his first ever prem match.

Are you trying to be controversial or do you actually harbour the beliefs you roll out on here??

He's a WUM,always has been.

Rodri is clearly in the mould of Busquets - a well disciplined,deep lying,defensive midfield presence with an eye for a pass.Had we wanted the more maverick talents of a 'Yaya' then we would have beaten Spurs to the signing of Ndombele.

Really good game yesterday albeit he is still finding his feet. He always seems to have time on the ball which is the mark of a good player. Looking forward to seeing how he develops for us.

Very much a WIP but clearly he is an extremely exciting prospect.
Noticed against Liverpool and again yesterday he doesn’t quite make enough angles when the press is on but that will come as he learns from
The exceptional people both off and on the field we have who understand the pivot role.

Great addition.

Very much a WIP but clearly he is an extremely exciting prospect.
Noticed against Liverpool and again yesterday he doesn’t quite make enough angles when the press is on but that will come as he learns from
The exceptional people both off and on the field we have who understand the pivot role.

Great addition.

Yeah I think his body positioning is still developing when he receives the ball. I recall early in the game when we were near our box and he lost the ball after being pressed, he was totally closed off when Eddie passed it to him and then took far too long to distribute.

He seems very calm on the ball though, which is a good thing. Hopefully he'll be like a sponge when watching Fern to round out his game.

Rodri isn’t the same as Fernandinho and Yaya so to compare him with them both is ridiculous. Apart from 2 moments in the first half when he was caught in possession, i thought he had a fantastic match and his positional play and range of passing was fantastic. So glad we have signed him.

Rodri is controlling DM in the Busquets style so why some keep comparing to Fernandinho who is different type of player I don't know.

If we signed Ndombele for example then comparisons to Ferna would be valid. Thankfully we didn't as Rodri is the perfect DM for us.

Ndombele is more Yaya than Dinho IMO.

Agree that comparisons to Fern shouldn't be made. Fern's a very special player with a unique skillset - something we've known for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.