West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Pellegrini came across as a right bitter **** in that interview on motd. We were the better team in the first half he said, were you fuck.
He really is a crap manager. He took what Mancini had built and systematically destroyed it over his 3 years. Moved us significantly backwards.

I thought Ham were good for 20 minutes (and for 5 minutes with their tails up after the 1st VAR fiasco.) Other than that, they were shocking.

Terrible defending, really terrible. And offered zero going forward. Absolute fodder.

I like the comments about tactical fouling. We've been the victims of it for over 15 years (SWP v rags will be remembered by those other than JCLs) and it's nice to see that we are playing the same game as our opponents.
We've got lots of tactical fouling to catch up with.
Oh fuck it. Let's stop pretending.
Every player in professional football and many at amateur level would happily foul an opponent to prevent them starting a counter attack. It's been going on for years and the only reason it's been ignored is because the alleged "big teams" are clearly contributing. The ginger pig over at the swamp is a prime example.

Pep Guardiola on #WHUMCI: "Typical first game of the season away in the Premier League. First half was not good, we have to improve. We didn’t control second balls. It happened at Brighton. But we got three points, goals and a clean sheet."

"Ederson made an incredible save. We know we have to improve. Second half was much better. From the beginning it was better, we were more calm but we have to improve." [@btsportfootball via @ManCityMEN]
Can't agree more, they seems to have this arrogance of having their way so they do not really play.

I like Pellegrini but he reminded of Wenger yesterday during his post-match interview.

West Ham edged the first 20 minutes and were denied by two fine saves from Ederson but they were completely outclassed in the second half.

It was never in the definition.

It stemmed from PGMOL saying it was easy to determine offside if you could see daylight between the players and some in the media fixated on it as if it was a rule.

The only change in living memory was to make it that level was onside (previously the attacker had to be behind the 2nd last defender).

If the authorities were saying that, then the refs were using it as a guide, which they obviously were, as you must have seen when watching football at that time, as it was shown & discussed on pretty much every offside on tv during that period " is there daylight " etc.

Also it has always been a desired 'rule' in football, that the attackers should where possible, get 'the benefit of the doubt' in tight decisions, as, obviously, allowing goals, is better than disallowing goals.

Somehow, we have landed on a system which gives all advantage to a bunch of tailor's dummies, stood in a line & penalises great football.

When the 'offside trap' was first invented, fans used to boo it. Now there is a machine to help it.

Ridiculous anti football.

He really is a crap manager. He took what Mancini had built and systematically destroyed it over his 3 years. Moved us significantly backwards.

I thought Ham were good for 20 minutes (and for 5 minutes with their tails up after the 1st VAR fiasco.) Other than that, they were shocking.

Terrible defending, really terrible. And offered zero going forward. Absolute fodder.

I think West Ham will be decent, but I said before kickoff that FOC had picked a team which could maybe get at us, but has left only Declan Rice, to prevent us getting at them.

So, had it worked, you could say it was clever management. But in reality, it turned out exactly as his 'Ferndinho on his own' v Liverpool tactic used to work.

His post match comments are below even Gary Neville standard.

I like the comments about tactical fouling. We've been the victims of it for over 15 years (SWP v rags will be remembered by those other than JCLs) and it's nice to see that we are playing the same game as our opponents.
We've got lots of tactical fouling to catch up with.
Oh fuck it. Let's stop pretending.
Every player in professional football and many at amateur level would happily foul an opponent to prevent them starting a counter attack. It's been going on for years and the only reason it's been ignored is because the alleged "big teams" are clearly contributing. The ginger pig over at the swamp is a prime example.

We didn't actually do much of it, at all. A couple toward the end of the first half.

Most of our 'fouls' were trying to pinch the ball of WH players facing their own goal, so WE could attack. And several of those were dives, which rescued them.

The FOC is full of shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.