Does the offside rule need changing?

MCFC1993

Thinking about it yesterday after those tight decisions, would you change it and if so what would you suggest?

For me it needs changing to be implemented easier in line with the use of VAR.

I've seen 2 solid suggestions so far:
- offside is judged based on the feet only.
- daylight rule - if any part of the attacker is level with the defender he is onside. If it's tight i.e. the attacker is beyond or looks beyond the defender then he is offside.

If VAR is here to stay then the offside law has to change.

Last edited:
Thinking about it yesterday after those tight decisions, would you change it and if so what would you suggest?

- if any part of the attacker is level with the defender he is onside. If it's tight i.e. the attacker is beyond or looks beyond the defender then he is offside.

Agree totally with this. I would add further, as I posted elsewhere, we should have daylight before an attacker is given offside.

- if any part of the attacker is level with the defender he is onside. If it's tight i.e. the attacker is beyond or looks beyond the defender then he is offside.

I like if any part of the legs or body of the attacker is level, then they are onside. Thats the closest you can get to 'there needs to be daylight between attacker and defender for it to be offside. Disallowing beautiful goals because of a cm here or there is just ludicrous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.