West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

If the authorities were saying that, then the refs were using it as a guide, which they obviously were, as you must have seen when watching football at that time, as it was shown & discussed on pretty much every offside on tv during that period " is there daylight " etc.

Also it has always been a desired 'rule' in football, that the attackers should where possible, get 'the benefit of the doubt' in tight decisions, as, obviously, allowing goals, is better than disallowing goals.

Somehow, we have landed on a system which gives all advantage to a bunch of tailor's dummies, stood in a line & penalises great football.

When the 'offside trap' was first invented, fans used to boo it. Now there is a machine to help it.

Ridiculous anti football.
I don't disagree with the last line but no referee who knew his stuff took a bit of notice of the daylight nonsense.

The Guardian yesterday said of the disallowed goal, "Hear that hissing sound? It's the sound of the spirit going out of the game".

Disappointed with Pellegrini’s post match comments. Implying we were lucky and dirty.
Regarding our fouls and his tactical comments he forgets that fouls against us are always given but fouls on us are allowed simply because how else will they get the ball.?
The refs simply make allowances for our opponents frustrations but expect letter of the law from us.

A little quote from EXPERT Az Phillips before the opening fixtures who writes for the scout on fantasy football:

"You can't see West Ham keeping Man City out, so you've got to think that Sterling will score a goal in that game," said Phillips. "I just think that Salah could score four. That's the difference."

:)
Just goes to show that an "EXPERT" is really an
A little quote from EXPERT Az Phillips before the opening fixtures who writes for the scout on fantasy football:

"You can't see West Ham keeping Man City out, so you've got to think that Sterling will score a goal in that game," said Phillips. "I just think that Salah could score four. That's the difference."

:)
"EX SPURT" would be nearer the mark...

I don't disagree with the last line but no referee who knew his stuff took a bit of notice of the daylight nonsense.

The Guardian yesterday said of the disallowed goal, "Hear that hissing sound? It's the sound of the spirit going out of the game".

They definitely used to allow players to be close to a 'daylight' situation in those days, with the whole body being offside, often still allowed, whether refs were taking notice or not.

And the whole idea of course was to avoid disallowing goals & encourage attacking.

And also of course the sides with the most talent, will be the ones who are intricate enough to time runs to such perfection, that a centimetre can come into it.

So it won't do us any favours unless they decide to fudge it in favour of attackers, without telling anyone.

Great win, looked a little rusty at times but still ruthless. VAR took a huge part of enjoyment away from the game, though. Early days, but it's a killer.

I think Rodri is gonna be brilliant for us. Yes I know he nearly fucked up. But look at it this way he would watch that and thought that’s not gonna happen again. So get a few kinks knocked out of his premier league system. Future captain. He’s articulate and he did give my granddaughter a shirt at the meet and greet at the City Store so I’m a instant fan.

We didn't actually do much of it, at all. A couple toward the end of the first half.

Most of our 'fouls' were trying to pinch the ball of WH players facing their own goal, so WE could attack. And several of those were dives, which rescued them.

The FOC is full of shit.

Whether City's fouls are tactical or not, the fact is that only Liverpool conceded (very slightly) less fouls per game than City last season.

Quite a lot of City's fouls are not even deliberate. City clearly aim to stop their opponents build counter attacks and make challenges without worrying too much about whether they concede a foul or not in positions that aren't dangerous. My issue with them is that they concede too many fouls that are definitely not tactical in areas that are dangerous.

The whole tactical foul accusation is a bit overblown because people are struggling to find sticks to beat City with.

i like pellers. but someone needs to remind him that we finished 2nd in the fair play league last season, and committed joint 3rd fewest fouls (tied with those dirty bastards, bournemouth).

honestly, you'd think other teams weren't allowed to commit fouls in the opposition half, like we have an unfair advantage or something.

he's just in a grump because he knows it's an extremely effective tactic. the sole reason teams don't employ it against us is because we pass the ball so well they can't get near us. so for pellers, noddy et al to act like they're taking some kind of moral high ground is quite astonishingly ridiculous.

Whether City's fouls are tactical or not, the fact is that only Liverpool conceded (very slightly) less fouls per game than City last season.

Quite a lot of City's fouls are not even deliberate. City clearly aim to stop their opponents build counter attacks and make challenges without worrying too much about whether they concede a foul or not in positions that aren't dangerous. My issue with them is that they concede too many fouls that are definitely not tactical in areas that are dangerous.

The whole tactical foul accusation is a bit overblown because people are struggling to find sticks to beat City with.

Most of our fouls were not even defensive, they were when we were pressing WH & they were struggling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.