Match of the Day - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not watched it for years. The clue is in the title “Match of the Day” not Matches. Used to the whole programme to a particular top match. OK show the highlights of other matches ie goals but go back to a main match.

Just re-red that. We all know what would happen. Plonker.
Reminds me of a Cloughie interview where he said their should be more football and less chatter. Tbf the technology didn't used to be in place to show more than one game in depth. They also had to guess which game would be 'match of the day' beforehand, so you often ended up with extended highlights from a turgid 0-0 and not a sausage from a game that was 4-3.

Such an outdated and useless show.

Gave it 30 mins, done with it.

People form opinions based upon these micro snippets...pointless.

Exactly this.100% pointless. Had it not been for the fact that you can now record the programme and watch it at your leisure, there's no way I would still be watching it. It doesn't matter how many new shiny graphics and photographic effects they give to it, the show exists solely for old time's sake. Tradition. But the world has changed immeasurably in the half-century (and more) since its inception. The idea then was to present a programme that was both informative and entertaining, something the Alpha male would have to talk with his workmates about on a Monday morning, over a cuppa and a smoke. But somewhere along the way it's lost its old-school charm and is now nothing more than an irrelevance, a football programme where the actual football itself takes second place to the opinions of a collection of smug, self-important, middle-aged wealthy men quoting endless clichès but ultimately, adding the sum total of nothing to an ever-decreasing audience.

Exactly this.100% pointless. Had it not been for the fact that you can now record the programme and watch it at your leisure, there's no way I would still be watching it. It doesn't matter how many new shiny graphics and photographic effects they give to it, the show exists solely for old time's sake. Tradition. But the world has changed immeasurably in the half-century (and more) since its inception. The idea then was to present a programme that was both informative and entertaining, something the Alpha male would have to talk with his workmates about on a Monday morning, over a cuppa and a smoke. But somewhere along the way it's lost its old-school charm and is now nothing more than an irrelevance, a football programme where the actual football itself takes second place to the opinions of a collection of smug, self-important, middle-aged wealthy men quoting endless clichès but ultimately, adding the sum total of nothing to an ever-decreasing audience.
Not a fan, then?

Such an outdated and useless show.

Gave it 30 mins, done with it.

People form opinions based upon these micro snippets...pointless.
I still record every episode and watch it a few times a week. Just like seeing goals really. I pay little attention to what the pundits say but even that is good for seeing all angles and close ups of goals and incidents.

I like tradition. Match Of The Day is part of English football culture. And for me hearing the "Drum Majorette" last night felt great and I said “nice one footy is back, come on City!” when it came on.

Tub head Shearer once again spouting the laws of the game re the penalty in our game and as usual getting it completely wrong. The problem is once the likes of him state it on MOTD the majority of punters take it as gospel.
Years ago Andy Gray came up with a classic about there having to be "daylight" for you to be off side. Never ever stated this in the laws of the game yet every pub player and supporter took this as being correct.
I don't remember what he said. What did he say and how'd he screw it up if you don't mind me asking?

I don't remember what he said. What did he say and how'd he screw it up if you don't mind me asking?
He said that the penalty was re taken as Rice encroached and got to the rebound 1st. Hence it was a retake according to tubhead. The law actually states that the penalty is retaken if there is any encroachment. No mention whatsoever of who gets to the rebound 1st. In affect this law is generally overlooked by most refs as usually both sides have players encroaching. Interestingly the PL said that reviewing pens would not be included in VAR reviews yet they did????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.