City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

It's perfectly possible to be a racist and to be a nice decent and loyal person. It's a set of ideas backed up by experience. Take Bert Trautmann. He was in the Brown-Shirts as a kid. Probably had all kinds of views about minorities. Life taught him otherwise. British people, who had fought in the war, and regarded him as an enemy, realised that. People are products of the environment they live in, and they take up the ideas that are prevalent and those ideas change over time. So don't write people off just because they think X,Y or Z.

City fans come from all over, and with different parents, backgrounds and experiences. We are all different. We should respect each other, and learn from other people. Maybe there is an absolute right and wrong, and there are certain views that are absolute but who is going to say what they are? The Church, the State?

I know who you are talking about in this topic, but I can't hear a word they say because of the PA. It's just background noise to me.

My favourite half time entertainment goes back to Maine Rd when we used to have cross-bar challenges or shooting the ball through a ring suspended from the cross-bar.

As regards presenters. I like Nat and Danny because I know them, and I know they are nice people. They don't have to make me laugh, they just have to present people on the pitch and interview etc, and they are perfectly capable of doing that.
Bring back the half time draw!

Maybe I should have said team behind them then.

I do see your point - absolutely those behind the scenes need to understand the history and culture of the club. Equally we don’t want merely fans in key positions- so there is a balance to be struck and maybe we’ve swung from one extreme to the other.

Someone working for the cfg not knowing who Trautmann is has no relevance as to whether they can do whatever job it is they do. It’s a business and a job for them, if it also happens to be their hobby and passion then fantastic, but it adds nothing to their abilities to do the job unless they were some kind of club historian.

It’s like me going for a job in the accounting department at sports direct and not knowing who started house of Fraser.

I had a conversation recently with a senior City employee who works within the wider CFG.

I was trying to give them an insight at ground level with regards our support. We aren't talking some 21-year-old post-grad, either.

They had never heard of Bert Trautmann or his story.

That's the core of the people hired these days by the club. CV not City.
Vickie Kloss is not like that she is through and through a Blue since being a little girl following in her fathers footsteps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.