Match of the Day - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love a conversation with Murphy and Shearer - both plumped for the Dippers for the title. In Murphy's case it’s clearly based on what he wants to happen - not sure re Shearer. All logic however says Liverpool are going with what they had last year - when they certainly got a ‘good rub of the green’ and had no serious injuries to senior players. City on the other hand lost KDB for most of the season, Mendy for large chunks plus losing Sergio and Fern for many weeks. City have brought in a couple of good signings which Liverpool haven’t. So on that basis you’d expect City to be slightly stronger this season whereas Liverpool can only really Hope to replicate last season? The reality probably is MOTD buying into the same agenda as Sky - the whole nation wants Liverpool to go one better... up and down middle England everyone is rooting for the Dipper low life’s !

I thought the same when Shearer and Ian Wright both said they think Liverpool will win the title. I remember Shearer plumped for Chelsea in the past simply because Mourinho was the "best manager in the league". So where is the logic when we have the best manager as well as strengthened and one of our key players back? Whereas Liverpool haven't strengthened and last season got the rub of the green with no key injuries, dodgy decisions and last min own goals to keep them on our tails. I can only think they are willing them to win.

Shearers picked Liverpool because he needs to say something a little bit less obvious to validate his existence as a pundit. He offers nothing insightful so tipping Liverpool makes him a little bit more edgy in his mind and keeps him in a job.

Just checked FIFA's website. No mention at all whatsoever of who plays the ball. Simply says if any defenders encroach and the penalty is missed it is a retake. Where did you get your info for reference?
Crazily Premier League rules are different to FIFA. Eg FIFA will use VAR if the goalie moves off the line as seen in the women’s World Cup but the Premier League won’t. I saw it on a program on sky with the Head of Referees (or whatever his title is)

Crazily Premier League rules are different to FIFA. Eg FIFA will use VAR if the goalie moves off the line as seen in the women’s World Cup but the Premier League won’t. I saw it on a program on sky with the Head of Referees (or whatever his title is)
That's my understanding, which makes no bloody sense as a keeper moving before a penalty is taken is a perfect application of VAR.

Yes I have seen the PL directives which, in law, are not technically correct. Very strange.
Mind you I was also under the impression that the on field ref would be reviewing decisions on the advice of VAR and this isn't happening. Saw a cup final in Australie a few years back where the VAR ref over ruled the onfield referee 12 times. Made him look a right twat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.