Champions League 19/20

I think it would do us good to play Real in the group stages. I don't think a piss easy group is necessarily the best thing these days. Get a european heavyweight in there, beat them to top spot, have a couple of big games that dominates the coverage of that round of fixtures, get the team in that headspace of playing a huge game before the 1/4 final stage.

Having easy runs to the 1/4 finals didn't do us any favours in the past 2 seasons IMO.

I'd go for something like Real, Salzburg, Genk if I was picking it. One big clash, a couple of teams who shouldn't have much of a chance, and Belgium/Austria/Madrid are all short journeys

For the first time I feel like it doesn't really matter who we draw. There's obviously tougher groups than easier groups, but we'd be the favourites to top any group we're in.

Bring it on!

Best result of the night is Celtic getting knocked out. We won’t have to listen to how great they are and what amazing fans they’ve got for at least another year.

Would love Cluj as Romania is one of five European countries I haven’t been to.

5fdf0d8b-389b-4ca6-8a12-16350f683ca2_text.gif

Best result of the night is Celtic getting knocked out. We won’t have to listen to how great they are and what amazing fans they’ve got for at least another year.

Would love Cluj as Romania is one of five European countries I haven’t been to.
I have been to Cluj back in 1971. It is a predominantly Hungarian speaking town with a minority of Romanian speakers As is common in Transylvania.

I have been to Cluj back in 1971. It is a predominantly Hungarian speaking town with a minority of Romanian speakers As is common in Transylvania.

When Hearts played in Bucharest we were going to go up there on a trip until we saw the nick of the planes used for internal flights
Sure that's changed now though

When is the draw for fixtures, I’m over for a few games and hoping for a nice European game

That’s good.

My Parents, who have both sadly passed away were Hungarian. I used to be able to speak Hungarian pretty well. However, since my Mother passed away 4 years ago, and I’ve not been to Hungary for many years, my Hungarian is now pretty bad. I’m still fluent in the basics like asking for a Beer, asking for food, where the toilet is, etc, but beyond that I would struggle to have a lengthy conversation without stopping and starting to think of the correct Hungarian word.

However, if City do draw Cluj, I will be happy to act as a translator in any pub or bar, as long as I get a free Beer. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.