Champions League 19/20

Have the club changed their stance on SC holders subscribing to the CL because I'm fairly sure they offered a guaranteed ticket if we reached the final in previous seasons.

Just rang the club to ask the question and was told CL tickets are not guaranteed this season for supporters on the CL scheme.

Have the club changed their stance on SC holders subscribing to the CL because I'm fairly sure they offered a guaranteed ticket if we reached the final in previous seasons.

Just rang the club to ask the question and was told CL tickets are not guaranteed this season for supporters on the CL scheme.
No change. We have 40K+ season ticket holder its impossible to guarantee everyone a ticket as we are lucky to get a third of that for any final.

No change. We have 40K+ season ticket holder its impossible to guarantee everyone a ticket as we are lucky to get a third of that for any final.
Ah right..I get what you're saying, it's just I thought those on the CL scheme were guaranteed a final ticket.

Anyone know how many we have on the CL scheme? I wouldn't have thought over 10k.

Ah right..I get what you're saying, it's just I thought those on the CL scheme were guaranteed a final ticket.

Anyone know how many we approximately have on the CL scheme?

I don't know the exact numbers but I'd guess that any SC holder on the CL scheme will get a ticket for the final if they want one.

I know plenty of fans on the CL scheme who go to all the home games and have no intention of going to the final, wherever it is.

More surprisingly I know one or two people who do all the domestic aways and are luke warm about going to the final.

Anecdotal 'evidence' I know, but I'd be surprised if any CL scheme members missed out on the final.

Perhaps you're right. I have a feeling the easier group stages have enhanced our domestic form in recent seasons though. For me, I'd choose the easiest available group. Our team are experienced and know the level of intensity a quarter final game includes and the ability to rotate our squad and offer game-time to fringe players would be more valuable than trying to maintain a high level of performance throughout the competition.
So 1 good team and 2 mediocre ones should be perfect then?

Anyone know how many we have on the CL scheme? I wouldn't have thought over 10k.
I'd guess more like 20k but they couldn't guarantee everyone gets one in case 30k signed up. My gut feel is that anyone on the scheme would get one for most final, Wembley or Paris might be different.

Last edited:
So 1 good team and 2 mediocre ones should be perfect then?
Depends what you define as 'good'. I'd rather avoid Madrid and Athletico from pot 2. Benfica, Shaktar or AJAX would require less energy from the team.

Pot 3 and 4 contain no teams who should have any real ambition to cause us problems, but I'd rather see us play the weakest teams available which should give us the best chance to get through.

They won the Champions League and Europa League respectively which gives them a place in Pot 1.
Ahh didn't know winners got a pass too. Crazy they give the Europa winners a top seed, the fact they are in that competition shows they don't deserve it imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.