FIFA investigation: No transfer ban

I've not read once they can do that but you seem sure so i'll take it
I always assumed our transfer ban would come from UEFA. Seeing as we 'escaped' one from FIFA, I looked it up & it's legit.

Their transfer ban is no different to FFP. It has no juristiction in the Premier League. When our CL squad was reduced, it only covered the CL. The fine only covered UEFA too.

It you think about it, any potential sanction has no bearing on National competitions only UEFA Club & International matches. Only FIFA can interfere with national leagues.

I'm pretty sure they can't give us a transfer ban

Yeah, I don't think so either. Maybe within UEFA member nations, but I doubt it.

IMO with the latest revelations regarding PSG avoiding FFP punishment, however, I can't see us avoiding a CL ban.

I know there's the "legal" argument against it, but politically, for City to go to court over it I would think it cost a lot of money. This hurts the club's bottom line and therefore ability to meet FFP. The political fallout for the club could also be rather harmful.

For CFG to go to court on a technicality when you know you actually did something that is clearly wrong is risky to the club's reputation. Yes even if we believe FFP is designed to get "us" we are well aware that most of the public does not agree with us and sees us as the big bad boogie man that's "state owned" and "ruining football."

Average football fans may dislike UEFA, and feel they are corrupt, but they are the governing body who they are aware can punish us. They saw PSG get away with it and now know they really did get off on a technicality that reeks of corruption. If they feel that can happen, then UEFA also gets political capital to cover their mistakes, and fans an arguably false sense of satisfaction for once about City and PSG who most hate more than any club, despite the hypocrisy of this for RM, Barca, Utd...we all get that.

Feels to me we have to be the club that falls on the sword or is made an example of by UEFA to maintain what flimsy respect they have left.

Yeah I don't know how a UEFA transfer ban would work. As I understand it, a transfer ban from FIFA is actually a ban on registering new players. But since in UEFA competitions you actually register the whole squad at the beginning of each tournament, I don't see how they could target specific players based on when you've signed them. What they can do is limit the number of players you can register. I don't know of any example of UEFA trying to impose a transfer ban.

Yeah, I don't think so either. Maybe within UEFA member nations, but I doubt it.

IMO with the latest revelations regarding PSG, I can't see us avoiding a CL ban.

I know there's the "legal" argument against it, but politically, for City to go to court over it I would think it cost a lot of money. This hurts the club's bottom line and therefore ability to meet FFP. The political fallout for the club could also be rather harmful.

For CFG to go to court on a technicality when you know you actually did something that is clearly wrong is risky to the club's reputation. Yes even if we believe FFP is designed to get "us" we are well aware that most of the public does not agree with us and sees us as the big bad boogie man that's "state owned" and "ruining football."

Average football fans may dislike UEFA, and feel they are corrupt, but they are the governing body who they are aware can punish us. They saw PSG get away with it and now know they really did get off on a technicality that reeks of corruption. If they feel that can happen, then UEFA also gets political capital to cover their mistakes, and fans an arguably false sense of satisfaction for once about City and PSG who most hate more than any club, despite the hypocrisy of this for RM, Barca, Utd...we all get that.

Feels to me we have to be the club that falls on the sword or is made an example of by UEFA to maintain what flimsy respect they have left.

I'm sorry mate, I haven't got a clue what any of that means?

IMO with the latest revelations regarding PSG avoiding FFP punishment, however, I can't see us avoiding a CL ban.

Thanks for the info,My feeling is we have a strong case,actually our pre-empted measure reassures me that the club think we are in the right,Khaldoon reckons we have our facts straight,fingers crossed he is right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.