Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a WUM,always has been.

Rodri is clearly in the mould of Busquets - a well disciplined,deep lying,defensive midfield presence with an eye for a pass.Had we wanted the more maverick talents of a 'Yaya' then we would have beaten Spurs to the signing of Ndombele.

He's a cnut aswell. I like that. That was one of the things I liked about young Biscuits, he was a smarmy cheating fouling little prick who also happened to be an incredible footballer and athlete.

We need some of them on our team. We're a bit likeable at times.

Rodri isn’t the same as Fernandinho and Yaya so to compare him with them both is ridiculous. Apart from 2 moments in the first half when he was caught in possession, i thought he had a fantastic match and his positional play and range of passing was fantastic. So glad we have signed him.

Oh I think there's a few likenesses to Yaya and they may grow; more so than he does Dinho. He has the physical stature and he looks like he can do the passing hub bit like Yaya but the obvious comparison made about him is obvious for a good reason.

What I believe is already highly transparent is that Pep loves this guy and predicts big things for him with very good reason. Even Alyson Rudd managed to spot that he has presence: another Yaya likeness but the, perhaps, more importantly in the way that Vinnie does. I keep changing my mind on who is going to be the long-term successor to Vinnie as captain but it wouldn't surprise me if this time next year Rodri has been voted in - probably won't happen as respect for seniority may win the day again but I have very high hopes for Rodders. Hugely impressed by him so far. He oozes that Rolls-Royce quality in same way as Stones but I think he is even more talented.

Ndombele is more Yaya than Dinho IMO.

Agree that comparisons to Fern shouldn't be made. Fern's a very special player with a unique skillset - something we've known for a while now.

Well Yaya was an even more special player than Fern but both share one big thing in common, they are just superb footballers i.e. guys who have the technical, tactical and athletic ability to play at a high level in multiple positions (should they choose to). The majority of Fern's appearances this season may not be as DM.

Rodri is a quality footballer but is a DM by choice and he just looks made for that role in a Guardiola team.

You don't half post some tripe.

In one competitive game, because he hasn't had a surging yaya run or a last ditch dinho tackle, you don't rate him... Never mind the incisive passes he made in his first ever prem match.

Are you trying to be controversial or do you actually harbour the beliefs you roll out on here??

Not really, my opinion about him was before he even sign for City.

But anyway, lets hope he will be the best DM in the League this season.

Not really, my opinion about him was before he even sign for City.

But anyway, lets hope he will be the best DM in the League this season.
So, you’re saying your opinion of him will never change regardless of evidence to the contrary?

Good to know.

Yeah I think his body positioning is still developing when he receives the ball. I recall early in the game when we were near our box and he lost the ball after being pressed, he was totally closed off when Eddie passed it to him and then took far too long to distribute.

He seems very calm on the ball though, which is a good thing. Hopefully he'll be like a sponge when watching Fern to round out his game.
I thought the complete opposite, I thought his body positioning when receiving possession was his best attribute. I appreciate he made a few mistakes but overall I thought he made space for himself and opened up the pitch brilliantly. The few mistakes I hope will erase themselves when he’s more accustomed to the pace and intensity of the league.

He still lacks a bit of aggression for my liking but I’d still have Michael Brown or De Jong back for some of their tackles from time to time, so I’m hardly right to judge.

He still lacks a bit of aggression for my liking but I’d still have Michael Brown or De Jong back for some of their tackles from time to time, so I’m hardly right to judge.

Tell that to West Ham- Haller and Felipe Anderson are going to miss this week's game because he kicked the shit out of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.