Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we don't want to admit it, I feel like the evidence is staring us in the face by now that actually, he probably does want to go to Bayern. The surgeon thing could be innocuous on it's own but put it with everything else and all of a sudden it looks a bit different.

Taking the emotion out of it, we're looking at a guy who is extremely talented and knows it, has a bit of an ego (like most great footballers, or people good at anything for that matter), and likely feels like he's being underpaid and under appreciated after both not being picked for the World Club (maybe because he plays outside of Germany, maybe other reasons) and being sat on the bench for the most important games for his club team last year. His manager is harder on him than most any other player in the squad (per the manager), he wants to play more, and he wants to raise his commercial profile as well.

Now enter Bayern Munich, the largest club in Germany. They're offering him a very prominent role in the squad, a huge pay rise (much more than he would earn on his next deal here), a chance to become the new face of German football, and along with it a nice deal with old friend Adidas. It ticks a lot of boxes... Bayern's 23 year old starting winger isn't missing the Germany squad next year at least, thats for sure.

We all love Manchester City, so we don't get it, but for a 23 year old guy from Essen... I think I'd probably take the money and my name on the team sheet every week.

Good point, they’re apparently offering him the #10 as well. Given his weak mentality, I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes the easy route. Get paid a lot, start every week, win the league every year with barely any competition. Bayern won’t challenge for the CL imo anytime soon but that probably doesn’t matter in this case.

Exactly, the Ronaldo comparisons are laughable. Ronaldo won the balon d’or at Sane’s age. The professionalism bit is spot on, I would say Leroy is probably the least professional player in our squad. Great potential but a weak mentality which is why I think hell struggle to reach it.

After these developments today of Sane choosing the German doctor, the club should sell.

The price goes down due to the injury but we should be looking at £100m + bonuses minimum.
His potential is to be fake ron level,reaching it at the same age or not doesn't matter,if sane had progressed from the centurians season and had a manager not as demanding as pep and playing every game he might be much further on,the knifes are out for him again today

He doesnt have to actually be in manchester to recuperate. Vinny went to LA with 2 city staff one time his calf was injured just to get away, Gundogan spent time in Barcelona, Germany, Turkey, LA and New York during his time out.

But if he has said he wants to leave I'd rather ship him out now than in 7-9 months time.
Sure, I meant the rehab after around 6 weeks.
I’m guessing he’ll be staying in bavaria

Balls to any knock down price, they wouldn't be buying him for just the next 6 or so months.

His price is no different, £135m+, danke.
In an ideal world, but the £135m I only see being reached once he’s back playing, so fee split over 2 windows. But who knows, he could be getting the tattooed shirt on his back coloured blue for all we know. Although suspect it will be red

Makes me laugh some of the comment about weak mentality on this thread! How do they know? Do they know Leroy personally. Granted last season he did not kick on as we would have liked, but he is a great young player who has a serious injury. We should be supportive not abusive. And if he goes then we should wish him luck, he has been part of the greatest premier league team ever and does not owe us anything.
I seriously question the views of some fans on this forum sometimes

Makes me laugh some of the comment about weak mentality on this thread! How do they know? Do they know Leroy personally. Granted last season he did not kick on as we would have liked, but he is a great young player who has a serious injury. We should be supportive not abusive. And if he goes then we should wish him luck, he has been part of the greatest premier league team ever and does not owe us anything.
I seriously question the views of some fans on this forum sometimes
Agreed,it's sad the tone in here sometimes

Is it possible that Sane is faking the severity of the injury?

Is this why he want's to go to a Munich surgeon?
Could this be a possible ploy from Bayern to get a deal on the cheap; will City have doctors present at the surgery also to keep an eye on what they are up to?

Maybe just me but Bayern Munich are the team I trust least in global football, not hate the most, but trust the least!

Sick of this Saga, Sick of silly games, Sick of Sane Silence; it is time for him to leave but not on the cheap!

If Munich not willing to pay up, then Sane not going cheap, if he isn't willing to perform then make him pay the price, life in reserves for two years on 60K a week
In a word, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.