Music/Audio Volume in Windows 10

Damocles

Administrator
So due to some ridiculousness I've had to change from Linux back to Windows this week and I've noticed that the maximum volume in Windows is literally ridiculous compared to Linux. On my Linux installs, if I turn it up to 100% volume then it blows out my eardrums, shakes the computer desk and perhaps gives the neighbor some form of an orgasm. On Windows however, if I turn it up to 100% volume then it is about a loud as a mouse fart in a particularly busy marketplace. It's egregious. Even VLC Player at 200% volume was offensively quiet. When I turn up a song to 100% volume then I expect nothing less than lasting ear damage with possible trips to A&E.

Anyway, I seem to have found the solution and wanted to pass it on.

Firstly the default HD Audio drivers built into Windows 10 are dogshit so you need to install RealTek HD Audio from here. Choose 64bits Vista/7/8/10 if you don't know which one to install.

https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

That makes it a little better however it doesn't yet give me a bone vibrating migrane which is really what I'm after when rocking out to the Time Warp or Wet Wet Wet.

You can fix this by going to your local Pirate Bay and downloading a program called FXSound. Choose the latest version ensuring that the uploader has a little VIP/Trusted badge next to their name.

After installing this and restarting your computer then setting the Preset to Volume Boost, I can confirm that the default volume levels for music on Windows 10 are biblically loud and now Agadoo never sounded so good.

Thought I'd pass it on. Be aware that this is the vindaloo to the default's chicken korma so expect to be thoroughly rock and rolled

I grabbed a pair of steelseries artis 7 for bvf and csgo. Worked fine out of the box, steelseries software offered me an update. i accepted this generous offer and i wish i never had. I spent the next 8 hours fucking with reg entries, removing drivers, updating and installing them. Very few times have a regretted a single click as much as that one.

Audio drivers can stay over there and i'll stay over here for the time being if that is ok.

I grabbed a pair of steelseries artis 7 for bvf and csgo. Worked fine out of the box, steelseries software offered me an update. i accepted this generous offer and i wish i never had. I spent the next 8 hours fucking with reg entries, removing drivers, updating and installing them. Very few times have a regretted a single click as much as that one.

Audio drivers can stay over there and i'll stay over here for the time being if that is ok.

FXSound my mate. Blows your knackers off. It's great.

You are expecting your PC and it's shitty speakers, unless you've upgraded them, to sound like a decent system?

Loud does not equal quality.

No I'm expecting my expensive headset to sound as least close to similar on two different operating systems

Wasting your headphones if you are relying 15 pence worth of audio drivers to produce sound.

Literally can't even set global hotkeys in this fucking useless bullshit operating system for morons. Fuck this OS, can't wait to switch away again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.