Bluemoon Fitness Thread

@FantasyIreland whats your view on rest/growth days fella?

At the minute I’ve got time to go to the gym everyday but everything I read says that I should be taking at least two days off a week to let muscle build etc (whereas I’ve been doing cardio 3 days, weights on 4).

Would you think one would see higher gains if I dropped the cardio or reduced it?

Definitely cardio will eat into any building programme,especially if its high intensity.

Personally Sam,i'd go with how you feel.....if you are seeing results and you want to lift then don't let what you're told or read elsewhere interfere with that.

Always listen to your body,and eat as well as possible - you'll know when it's time to rest.

Definitely cardio will eat into any building programme,especially if its high intensity.

Personally Sam,i'd go with how you feel.....if you are seeing results and you want to lift then don't let what you're told or read elsewhere interfere with that.

Always listen to your body,and eat as well as possible - you'll know when it's time to rest.
Cheers mate and to continue my relentless questioning:

Would one always have to increase the weights to see muscle growth or would muscle continue to build lifting the same amounts?

Cheers mate and to continue my relentless questioning:

Would one always have to increase the weights to see muscle growth or would muscle continue to build lifting the same amounts?

Up the weight,only needs to be gradual but enough to offer more stress.Maintaining the same weight can produce results but you'll need to be to be introducing different/shock tactics such as super/giant sets or reduced rest periods.

Don't have the motivation to train alone, so will be training with a personal trainer.

Have been today for initial assessment today - my Body Fat is 24.6%; Visceral Fat is 7%; BMR is 45. BMI 23. I am ectomorphic, with a lot of fat around the waist

I will hopefully post a successful update in a couple of months

Had a another assessment 3 weeks ago around 20 sessions of circuits and weights after 1st May (mainly in June and July).
Weight static
Body Fat down 1.7%
Muscle mass up 1.2kg

I am a lot stronger and much better stamina.

The waist has apparently stayed the same size (but seems smaller to me) so I will be increasing cardio. My issue is I feel unwell if I train too early (before work) and not able to train during the day except on Wednesdays and weekends. That limits me to three days a week.

I understand that a lot of the gain in strength initally for someone who is not well muscled is to do with nerves and neuromuscular connection becoming stronger, so hopefully once I can do heavier compound exercises, I will develop more hypertrophy

@FantasyIreland
@SWP's back

How much would you expect a beginner with leg presses to be able to press, say 4 sets of 10 reps? I’ve been told body weight at least
Find what you can push for one repetition (1 Rep Max) and work off that as 100%.

Ideally, it should go around about:
1 rep = 100%
2 = 95%
4 = 90%
6 = 85%
8 = 80%
10 = 75%
12 = 70%
15 = 65%
20 = 60%

Of course, everyone’s muscles are different. Some people will be more suited to low reps but struggle with higher reps so find they might be able to push 4 at 95% but for 15 only 55%. Or vice versa. But it’s not a bad rule.

I know i'm the only **** on here who's keeping this thread going but i completed 102 lengths last night which equates to 2550 metres or 2788 yards or more importantly to me 1.58 miles!!

I'll be swimming the fucking channel next!!

I walked to Mcdonalds in Picadilly Gardens at lunchtime and walked back into Ancoats. Took the top layer of bread off my big Mac as well and had a water instead of a strawberry milkshake. Small steps.

Park run again this Saturday - one day I will get sub 30 mins.

Walking 3km every night with a few 100m sprints thrown in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.