Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Walked back to my car after the game deciding what I'll spend the £700 my season tickets costs next season on. No point going to games any more with on the field refereering of that ineptitude (so biased to Spurs) and then VAR chalks off a goal for a handball no one in the stadium even saw.

People say Spurs didn't look their sharpest but I think they benefited from this game coming early in the season more than we did overall.

If this game came later in the season, I think we'd have buried them. It was just too early for us and it showed with the missed opportunities. We might not have created quite as many but we would have put most of those clear chances away. Gundo, Bernardo, KDB, Jesus could and should have scored/assisted(thought KDB could have squared his skied effort to Sterling at the back post) way before that disallowed goal with their chances.

What is the point of having VAr to go through every little detail in the lead up to a goal not matter how minor and virtually impossible to detect even in slow motion and not use it at all for the obvious foul like an arm around a neck when it comes to a penalty decision in open play ? I don't mind the first instance as long as it is used for obvious and blatant that should have been given !!

I am a big fan of Zinchenko but his weaknesses as a full back have already been exposed a few times this season. He is extremely vulnerable to fast wingers who run at him or have the pace to get past him and balls played into space behind him. He almost cost us a goal late in the game today when Moura (think it was him) went past him like he wasn’t there and got a cross in that Otamendi intercepted. If he hadn’t Kane had a tap in.

Mahrez is just so predictable when he plays out on the right. He is so one footed his only plan is to get the ball on his left foot and defenders with the experience of Rose and Alderwereid will just eat him up for breakfast.

Like most others on here I am frustrated by our inability to put this one away today from the amount of chances we created but I realise that on another day we will score five or six from the same number of chances. It’s just the nature of the game. Tottenham dodged a bullet today. On another day we could have have absolutely battered them.

Onwards and upwards.

Alas, there won’t be another day this season, at least not at home. Agree that there are many more positives to be taken, however.

Finish chances yes City win, but here lies the issue. We have to finish everything and win by 2 o 3 goals because VAR will be used against us. You watch Liverpool will need something in a close draw and it will be used for them. Over a whole season that's mentally and physically draining. i thought we'd win the title again but after today I don't know. Of all their weapons this is the most destructive and damaging one yet.
well hopefully var will even itself out, we will have to wait and see.

I never wanted VAR in the first place, it really has no place in football imo

We played well. 30 chances.
Some great one touch football.
Disappointing we only got one point but if we keep playing like that we will win the league again

Not the end of the world. The way the dippers are playing they will drop points. We need to take our chances. Can blame VAR all you want but if we put away our chances we'd have pissed this game.

We put àway a chance and it was disallowed. Who's to say the other chances would have stood??

That aside, us match going fans are disregarded with var. We celebrated thinking no way offside. Stopped to check and nothing! Celebrated more! Then disallowed.

I was a var supporter, but I was wrong. Its ruined the game. I look forward to going this season for the relationships and social side of things, but football is fucked and corrupt.

We should have taken our chances, tbh. If we were a bit more clinical we would have won the game by 3 or 4 goals.

But fucking hell football is not a game that should be played judged on armpits, brushed hands and the rest. The laws of the game aren't tight enough for the type of slow-mo interpretations that are being used, and if they are they will fundamentally change the way the game is being played. More fucking annoyingly, it's inconsistent from one game to the next and boringly it's all we are talking about. Again. And it was a game with a dozen more interesting talking points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.