Var debate 2019/20

Kaz I might be paranoid but I believe they are proactively looking for reasons to disallow our goals.

VAR will wrestle the title from our grasp come hell or ball flicking City arms - the governing body, the PL and PiGMOL will see to that. I think what we saw today was the start.

IFAB have dropped more than a bollock with this utter nonsense with ball hitting hand or arm prior to a perfectly good goal being scored. Not the slightest intention to use an arm or hand to propel the ball, and just what reaction can we expect from somebody if the ball is travelling across a penalty area at 80 odd mph? Is there a reason in the laws and application of VAR that couldn't drag back either of the Haringay goals to the point where our player was wrestled to the ground in the first half? And award a penalty kick? VAR just allows a game to be manipulated where before VAR's appearance this kind of stuff would just be labelled as cheating!

Was it fuck spot on,VAR in the Premier League according to the FA is supposed to be clear and obvious mistakes not reviewed in anything other than real time. Also the on field ref missed it apart from offside it should not be looked at, no re reffing of the game was the mantra, clearly changed the criteria within 8 days of the VAR being implemented.

Is that true? I mean about real time?

Selective VAR.

Whomever decides on what VAR should review needs to be checked out, we dont even know who is deciding when incidents are looked at.

Currently this season we have had 5 potential VAR incidents, 3 where VAR should have been used and we didnt benefit (IE penalty claims today), and 2 where VAR was used and we did benefit (IE Aguero Penalty). VAR is being selectively used so far. VAR should not be missing things, and if it is then fuck it off, we might as well have the referee "missing things"

Good point that actually, I’d forgotten that.

Although another strike against VAR as it wasn’t used consistently in the match Liverpool Vs Chelsea when Adrian was off his line

For the refs out there please adjudicate on two heated tram discussions on way back home..!.,

If jesus shot had been parried onto a defender by goalkeeper and ball had then gone in off defender, is it own goal or VAR disallowed due to previous attacker handball

[ii] is a var official call on handball always going to be a factual decision, eg never requiring onfield referee review. I'm aware offsides and in or out of penalty box are always factual never requiring onfield review. The VAR official may always believe he is correct but ultimately hes not the referee. I know EPL refs dont want to overuse onfield referee reviews as it takes longer and they dont want to slow the game down, however, if Oliver isnt reviewing a non factual in the last minute of a game at 2:2, then when is he?

So is an attacking handball a factual decision?

Good point that actually, I’d forgotten that.

Although another strike against VAR as it wasn’t used consistently in the match Liverpool Vs Chelsea when Adrian was off his line
It's not used for keepers being off the line.

Actually, I'd be interested to know whether it's used in penalty shoot outs at all.

It's not used for keepers being off the line.

Actually, I'd be interested to know whether it's used in penalty shoot outs at all.

Wait for it......... they say it can’t be used for keepers off the line at a penalty because the tech isn’t there to do it.

Yes I know, fucking laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.